The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

5 hours ago, pedal menace said:

image.png.0a42f20524e680bdffb00276cdf057a5.pngCriterium-du-dauphine: After Stage 2....I have the world of respect for Froom - he is a legend! But......Finished yesterday way way behind the peloton, behind many sprinters. Was there an issue? None that I could see/hear. It was a hilly stage, but by no means considered a big mountain stage. Those are still coming. And he still persists he really wants to get into the team's TdF squad. Froomie - buddy - perhaps it really is time to move on. You do not have to proof yourself to anyone anymore. Your palmarès speaks for itself! 

He did mention previously that he disliked the disc brakes so the only reasonable explanation for that result must be that his brakes locked and he rode the entire stage like that. 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

He did mention previously that he disliked the disc brakes so the only reasonable explanation for that result must be that his brakes locked and he rode the entire stage like that. 

Must be..and the 151 other riders in the peloton on disc brakes had no issues. 

He should quit now. He can’t even keep up on a 4% incline, and he wants to ride the TDF. It will be as if Israel PT is one rider short from the start. Maybe someone should tell him it’s time to go home.

17 hours ago, Shebeen said:

the symmetry in his career is unmatched

image.png.e693921b2a32ad54901068da4f2521fd.png

Motor doing can do that…..😂😂😂. Sky’s the Limit remember.

8 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

He should quit now. He can’t even keep up on a 4% incline, and he wants to ride the TDF. It will be as if Israel PT is one rider short from the start. Maybe someone should tell him it’s time to go home.

The pics I’ve seen of Vroomie lately he looks a bit overweight…..

Keep in mind he has been out of racing in the peloton for a long time and most likely his role in IPT at the moment is not to be at the pointy end but rather to support the other riders. There are 7 riders in a Dauphine team and not all 7 riders finish in the same time zone as the winner. Yesterday he finished basically mid pack 85 with 148 finishers. Granted pretty mediocre by his standards….. situations like CF and IPT just adds to the thrill of the race…..imo 🤙

58 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Keep in mind he has been out of racing in the peloton for a long time and most likely his role in IPT at the moment is not to be at the pointy end but rather to support the other riders. There are 7 riders in a Dauphine team and not all 7 riders finish in the same time zone as the winner. Yesterday he finished basically mid pack 85 with 148 finishers. Granted pretty mediocre by his standards….. situations like CF and IPT just adds to the thrill of the race…..imo 🤙

Agreed, purely on the result it doesn't look good, but what is his role for the team at the race? Was he working for Fuglsang and Gee earlier on the climb? Is he fetching bottles? The highlights on YouTube show none of that.

His team management will know exactly what his power numbers are currently, and I highly doubt they are expecting him to be their GC leader. But they would surely not bring him to a race if they thought he couldn't support the team in some way.

Mu guess is that he is at the Dauphine to support the team's GC leader(s) and getting some race sharpness, while the TdF guys are training at altitude somewhere. During TdF he'll be at some of the smaller races that the World Tour teams are obligated to send riders to.

Edited by HdB

1 hour ago, SwissVan said:

Have we established a day of the week where logic and cycling nous are allowed?

Stop it now.

14 minutes ago, Tim Brink said:

Have we established a day of the week where logic and cycling nous are allowed?

Stop it now.

My logic tells me his NOT going to the TDF*
* no future tense expressions were harmed in this statement 

He works for the marketing team of IPT… his former glory still brings the attention. Smile 😊 and wave 👋 

• 4 months later...

Froome Dawg suggested that he will not be chasing victories in 2025 in a recent interview. Not sure whether it’s media-hyped or not, however, the sun is truly setting on a spectacular career. 

IMG_9869.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

8 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Froome Dawg suggested that he will chasing victories in 2025 in a recent interview. Not sure whether it’s media-hyped or not, however, the sun is truly setting on a spectacular career. 

Odd, the article on Cyclingnews seemed to say the exact opposite. Either way, hope it goes well for him.

28 minutes ago, HdB said:

Odd, the article on Cyclingnews seemed to say the exact opposite. Either way, hope it goes well for him.

HdB, that was the intention of my message - that he won't be racing to win, per say.

I need a power nap or an espresso, or both.😄