Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Why do you run your gps there?

Where else? On a bike with a short stem it's the only option besides from the handlebar which always lead to the gps coming off somewhere.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where else? On a bike with a short stem it's the only option besides from the handlebar which always lead to the gps coming off somewhere.

I also have a short stem and that's where mine is mounted. There are also other options like stem cap mounts or an out front mount backwards.

Hence the question.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I also have a short stem and that's where mine is mounted. There are also other options like stem cap mounts or an out front mount backwards.

Hence the question.

I've tried the stem cap mount - looks very tall, so not for me.

The out front mount backwards - had it on like that, took a tumble and knocked the garmin with my knee - broke the little mounting ledges on the back of the Garmin straight off. Weird that the Garmin itself broke and not the mount.

Anyway, long story short, on the top tube looks good (to me), is easy to see, and is out of harms way.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Cool. Looks like a good plan.

I have an out front mount that I've tried backwards and my chest knocked the gps into the bushes. Also ran it normally and it looked shite.

I don't like the stem mount but that's my only current option coz I can't do the top tube mount. The top tube is just too fat.

Canyon-Strive-vs-Canyon-Spectral-Test-Re

Always wanted to ride one of those Spectrals and wished they came in 29'r wheels. Their delivery times are far too long to TBH. I'll stick with my GG that should be here. Sometime. 

I like the ride/camp weekends they host. Pity its so far away.

I dont think that bike is yours, but will ask anyway. Is it?

Ja man. Like those Yeti tribe gatherings. Would be cool to have those kinds of things with brands in SA. No it is not. But it is getting me excited.

Always wanted to ride one of those Spectrals and wished they came in 29'r wheels. Their delivery times are far too long to TBH. I'll stick with my GG that should be here. Sometime.

Lekker man! Which bike are you getting?

I've tried the stem cap mount - looks very tall, so not for me.

The out front mount backwards - had it on like that, took a tumble and knocked the garmin with my knee - broke the little mounting ledges on the back of the Garmin straight off. Weird that the Garmin itself broke and not the mount.

Anyway, long story short, on the top tube looks good (to me), is easy to see, and is out of harms way.

I have a Polar GPS - its a bit of a tank. I used to mount it on the TT with extra long rubbers but its harder to read there than on the bars close to the stem which is where I mount it mostly these days. It is more vulerable there  but so far I havent had any issues.

p5pb17075938.jpg
pb-small.png The SCW 1 has 150mm of travel at both ends, identical DVO shocks controlling that travel, and it's rolling on 27.5'' wheels. That frame, fork, and two-shock kit goes for $5,995 USD, and Structure will have complete bikes as well.

Yoh... You could also pretend you were riding one of those bugs from Starship Troopers!

Yeah, it will have to ride brilliantly for me to want it. It does sound like it might, watch the video - the head angle actually slackens as the 'fork' compresses and get's more trail, unlike normal suspension where it would steepen, so it should become more stable.

The biggest issue is, where do I put my race board? :P

Edited by Jacquers