Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Depends on whether you're trying to evade the tax by having a Chinese national bring the frame in when coming to SA ...

Never

Was just wondering?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ship it in, the taxes are pretty low.

15.4% of the invoiced amount to be precise.

Usually, the supplier will, if requested, provide an invoice for a much lower amount so that the taxes are lower. This is, however, also evasion and is illegal.

On this issue, I know hubbers who work for SARS!!!

Will I still pay the tax if I have a Chinese national bring the frame in when coming to SA?

I recently (March) had 2 sets of wheels delivered to my hotel in China from LightBicycle (Big "LightBicycle" branding on the box). I flew into SA with them as checked in luggage, collected the box at the "abnormal packages" spot at ORT, and walked through with them on the trolled on my suitcase. The customs guys pulled me over and asked if I had a bicycle in there, I said no, just wheels. They put the box through the scanner and sent me on my way - no payments necessary.

Short answer - you might get lucky like I did.

15.4% of the invoiced amount to be precise.

Usually, the supplier will, if requested, provide an invoice for a much lower amount so that the taxes are lower. This is, however, also evasion and is illegal.

So it is the same whether you ship it in, or get someone to bring it in new and declare it as they walk through customs at the airport.

50mm carbon clinchers...

Tubbie pics to follow.

Ps i had/have absolutely no issues with the novatec hubs.

Where did you get these? and how long did they take to arrive?

Please provide some names! I recently brought in a 100 items but the seller suggested to split the items over 7 individual parcels to try get them through customs quicker/cheaper.

Of the 7 parcels, 4 of them had a levy of R40.26, and 3 had a levy of R101.32. The parcels were identical in side, weight, content, etc.

I mailed SARS/Customs and was told they had different codes. I think the 7 parcels were just processed on different days and whoever was at the computer that day, processed them different to the guy that put the R40.26 levy on most of them. Very inconsistent.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

This may be a stupid question but anyway....

I bought (R7500) a brand new Pinarello Dogma f8 frame from a mate (he got it from a guy that sold them on the hub about a year or so ago - TC Goosen) and its the wrong size  :thumbdown:  I am wondering if anyone would like to swop with me so i can get the right size...

I have a 56.5cm (Seat Tube and Top Tube lengths) I would like a 54cm.

I can send pics of the frame if need be via whats app. I know TC sold alot of these frames and i never saw that anyone ever had issues with them.

Thanks

Hey guys,

This may be a stupid question but anyway....

I bought (R7500) a brand new Pinarello Dogma f8 frame from a mate (he got it from a guy that sold them on the hub about a year or so ago - TC Goosen) and its the wrong size  :thumbdown:  I am wondering if anyone would like to swop with me so i can get the right size...

I have a 56.5cm (Seat Tube and Top Tube lengths) I would like a 54cm.

I can send pics of the frame if need be via whats app. I know TC sold alot of these frames and i never saw that anyone ever had issues with them.

Thanks

I have a Chinarello Dogma Think 65.1 frame that has been used for a while with absolute no issues. Its a size 54 but the model before the F8. If anybody interested let me know

I have a Chinarello Dogma Think 65.1 frame that has been used for a while with absolute no issues. Its a size 54 but the model before the F8. If anybody interested let me know

Dont wana swop  :whistling:  ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thread revival saw a very nice frame in one of the other threads, and thought anyone else built up any of the newer frames lately... my FM056 from the OP still going strong as is my FM098

parts have changed frames still the same!

thread revival saw a very nice frame in one of the other threads, and thought anyone else built up any of the newer frames lately... my FM056 from the OP still going strong as is my FM098

parts have changed frames still the same!

Im also looking for a Lekker Duel Suspension frame thats similar to the new Giants or Scotts?