Argus 2014

vaalkol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, i ride that route every weekend and sometimes in the week, i've seen very little progress there with regards to rubble removal!!

I can only imagine that come closer to middle of next month(when its almost too late), Chappies will be closed again to focus on the clean up process, thus being a huge inconvenience to the cyclists who ride it and use it for training!! The closer we get to Argus, the more cyclists im seeing out and tackling Chappies!! So it needs to be done ASAP, would hate for Chappies not to be included!!

Also, just a qu, because most of the rocks and debris are on the descent of Chappies, have they ever thought of perhaps doing the Argus in the opposite direction(almost like comrades)?? Because then the debris will be on the uphill section and pelotons/bunches will be smaller and it would be less dangerous for riders (if the debris hasnt been cleared)??!!

Just a thought??!!

This would be a serious, serious last resort. They would have to have the M3 closed almost all day. I know they have done it in the past, but seriously dont think they would want that.

Some of the first few bunches will be flying when they get to the road works if done in reverse and group will be massive as no real hill to split bunch.

Would be a cool idea for a penisula ride though. Start in town, around the point, end in constania. Train back to the start (Or ride)

Received this email yesterday

We are about to post out this year’s edition of the Cycle Tour magazine (which is full of useful race information) and we would like you to please check that your postal address is correct on our database.

Uhm, post office sorting employees on strike. Chances are we won't receive before the race. Let's hold thumbs.

Received this email yesterday

We are about to post out this year’s edition of the Cycle Tour magazine (which is full of useful race information) and we would like you to please check that your postal address is correct on our database.

Uhm, post office sorting employees on strike. Chances are we won't receive before the race. Let's hold thumbs.

They might as well just put it in our goodie bags (that is if we getting any :ph34r: )

Hooray.

Quote from Argus organizers :

UPDATE ON CHAPMAN'S PEAK DRIVE

We are aware of the construction and roadworks that are currently under way on sections of Chapman's Peak. There has been much debate over whether or not we will be using the 'Chappies' route this year as a result of this work.

Our team have been in close contact with the Provincial authorities and we have been assured that there will be sufficient road width for the Tour to be accommodated safely on this route. Liaison with all the necessary role-players will be on-going in the lead-up to the event, and together with the province and contractors, we remain confident that we will all be enjoying another scenic ride over the majestic Chapman's Peak Drive this year.

Not stressed about my seeding, I know it will probably be my best to date with 1 Tonner and Burger in the mix. More keen to see what my 13 year old gets after his first Argus last year. I'll be doing domestique duties for him on Argus day, so his seeding is what will determine our starting time. Next year I'll ride for myself for a change.