Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

My beloved Niner ROS9. I call her My Harlot.

4130 ChroMoly steel

140mm RS YARI (highly underrated fork)

FLOW MK3 rims on Hope Pro Evo 2's

RS Reverb Stealth dropper

SRAM 1x11 (XO1/GX)

14,5kg  :eek:

Heavy, but jirre... irrevocably in love!  :wub:

post-46099-0-30554500-1509708549_thumb.jpg

post-46099-0-76103400-1509708587_thumb.jpg

post-46099-0-01197000-1509708619_thumb.jpg

Edited by DirtyDan

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the Cotic out for a ride today after I made a few changes. Took the MRP Ribbon that was on it and put that on my Stumpy - it was overkill for the Cotic. Took the Fox 34 that was on the Stumpy and put it on the Cotic. Was first at 150mm, but that was a bit too slack, took it down to 130mm and added some stealth graphics to the fork - the bike is very well balanced now.

All that's left to do now is swop out the ugly beige stanchions with some black stanchions, but that is going to be a costly exercise so it will only happen in a while...

post-82251-0-28590000-1509876321_thumb.jpg

post-82251-0-88039500-1509876331_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Needs a dropper

What travel?

Otherwise, can I have one?

Titanium hardtail = :drool: 

But agree, needs a dropper. I understand that each one is custom-made, but a dropper should be an option. 

More details needed as well; geometry, travel etc.

Indeed, some more info:

Official name: PMN 609m

Geometry: With 120mm fork (compensated for sag)

ETT:                   609mm

HT angle:           69 deg

ST angle:           73 deg

Geometry: With 150mm fork (compensated for sag)

ETT:                  609mm

HT angle:          67.4 deg

ST angle:          71.4 deg

Stem:         Casted Titanium 70mm

Rims:         cSixx Carbon 50mm ID

Tires:         2.8" Rocket Rons

Drivetrain:  XT

Seatpost:   ISP,  but can fit 31mm dropper

Ride:          Priceless

Anyone with some feedback or thoughts on this puppy?

Calculus-Bike-0041.jpg?w=1920

Indeed, some more info:

Official name: PMN 609m

Geometry: With 120mm fork (compensated for sag)

ETT:                   609mm

HT angle:           69 deg

ST angle:           73 deg

Geometry: With 150mm fork (compensated for sag)

ETT:                  609mm

HT angle:          67.4 deg

ST angle:          71.4 deg

Stem:         Casted Titanium 70mm

Rims:         cSixx Carbon 50mm ID

Tires:         2.8" Rocket Rons

Drivetrain:  XT

Seatpost:   ISP,  but can fit 31mm dropper

Ride:          Priceless

The ST angle with a 150mm fork is incredibly slack and taller riders will be pitching over backwards whilst climbing. 

Perhaps look into a dedicated long travel frame, where you can have a steeper ST angle, lower BB and throw in a little extra reach. 

Slightly off topic but still on Hardtail trail bikes. As a weekend warrior, bashing around Gauteng (mostly), what would the pro's and cons be of going hardtail rather than a full suspension bike? Budget wise the hardtail does seem a bit cheaper (depending on the build). At the moment I ride a Merida One Twenty which I am looking to replace with a frame with a slacker head angle and possibly a bit more travel.

Hey Letum911, has anybody answered you yet? I am looking to do exactly the same as you with regard to more travel and slacker geometry. This thread really messes up your mind I know just how you feel, I thought I knew what I want...clueless now....pretty sure I can't and shouldn't have both...but like 99% of these bikes are ridiculously hot!

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/sites/default/files/hardware/product/frame-primal-29.jpg

Hey Letum911, has anybody answered you yet? I am looking to do exactly the same as you with regard to more travel and slacker geometry. This thread really messes up your mind I know just how you feel, I thought I knew what I want...clueless now....pretty sure I can't and shouldn't have both...but like 99% of these bikes are ridiculously hot!

I actually went completely the opposite direction with no suspension :whistling: . Ended up building a very pretty SS steel frame rig with a carbon fork :thumbup:

As for the long travel dream: She is still there, but now in the far distant future!! However after owning a steel frame I do think this will be a prerequisite when the time comes!!!

Just ordered a Dee Dar frame in pearl white size L. Going to try run it as a 26er with a 160 Pike... 

Awesome, I've been wondering what the pearl white actually looks like - like is it a white frame, or is it the gunmetal one with the orange stickers, that looks like it has a white pearl coat over the black undercoat?

Like this:

FROODD27_P1.jpg

FROODD27_P7.jpg

FROODD27_P14.jpg

FROODD27_P18.jpg

OR is it this one????

FROODD27_P33.jpg

Edited by Rich990

Awesome, I've been wondering what the pearl white actually looks like - like is it a white frame, or is it the gunmetal one with the orange stickers, that looks like it has a white pearl coat over the black undercoat?

Like this:

FROODD27_P1.jpg

FROODD27_P7.jpg

FROODD27_P14.jpg

FROODD27_P18.jpg

OR is it this one????

FROODD27_P33.jpg

One One do a very sexy pearl white that really comes alive in the sun....congrats HeadShot!!!!