Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

Nino at WP1

post-40232-0-97402100-1395753337_thumb.jpg

Really like his fun loving attitude ..... where does one sign up to become a groupie?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, can the pro teams make use of the techzone mechanics, I know they should do their own repairs themselves, but is there a difference in them stopping at the SRAM tech sone vs the amateurs?

The reason I am asking is, if Songo struggled with their breaks from before WP1, why not stop at one of these tech stations to get it sorted and race properly? It sounds odd that after 3 WP you cannot get a spring out of your brake caliber, which cost you 10mins at the end.

Looks like even more rain will fall through the night. So, tomorrow might look the same as today. Also, on carbon wheels: is it really so much lighter than a good aluminium rim like the ea90xc rims, to risk a broken rim?

But he will have more fun :)

No he would have more fun winning - its a pro thing.

just looking at the GC leaderboard today, in the top 10

5 suisse

6 huns

4 boytjies

2 tjeks

a frog, belgie and an eyetie round it off

edit: is this the first edition not to have rwanda riders?the kenyans?

Edited by Shebeen

Kleynhans and Langvad only 13:53 behind now, mad up over 8min today

Impressive

That's digging deep

For how much more is the question

Mos gese die mense moet hul mud guards inpak! Manne was erg vuil vandag en die meeste het by WP3 byMedi-Clinic gestop vir oogdruppels! Nadat ek vandag weer gaan kyk het, brand my gat weer van voor af vir my 3de Epic. Hierdie keer soek ek n borg en ons almal weet wat daai kanse is, steeds hoor mens altyd van mense wat ALS geborg kry! I WISH.......

Well 30% of the field are on fully sponsord tickets and this excludes the pros.

just saw some for the images from todays stage ... its a mud bath out there !!

lots of damages to drive chains and braking systems after today :eek:

post-42648-0-32345000-1395749783_thumb.jpg

What material is that, just a piece of plastic or what?

Is it meant to be some sort of mud gaurd? - it does not seem to be working :ph34r:

Awesome pics, please keep them coming

You can buy these from Chain Reaction etc. work well, used one on my sons bike whilst in London. You could also make something up using a stiff piece of plastic cut from a 5 litre container and fastened on with zip ties. Offers no protection from the wheel in front of you.

Edited by Plentipotential

You guys are aware that Schurter specializes in XCO? The fact that he is riding the Epic does not mean he can win the Epic.

I wonder how early on in the race that was, i see Max and Kevin finished about 10 min before Nino and Philip, so they must have been dropped somewhere along the line.

I wonder how early on in the race that was, i see Max and Kevin finished about 10 min before Nino and Philip, so they must have been dropped somewhere along the line.

Think that was yesterday.

15 Riders still on track.

Well 30% of the field are on fully sponsord tickets and this excludes the pros.

Too bad you have to pay to be volunteer! But picking up the tab for the celebs and getting them on-board means plenty free media coverage, which makes the sponsors happy and so it goes ....

My man Nino today at WP 1 loving Africa

BjkvuVqIgAAWqbc.jpg

pic joggie prinsloo@joggieprinsloo