Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Daniel Kahneman, Nobel prize winner in Economics demonstrated that people become risk seeking when all their options are bad. Please contact my attorney so you can arrange my refund with him. Perhaps you can pay his fees as well?

Business exec versus bike shop guy. Experience tells me which one I'm likely to back. All the best Andrew.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ,i have a 65.1 dogma that i imported and i now that mine is a oem model , im riding it for 15 mounths now and i am very happy with it . But i now what i have paid for it , i can not complain. Today MOST top end bikes are made in the east asia . when they get sent to italy (EG). IF THERE are cosmetics problems on theme it becames a (oem model). i fill we get taken for a ride by all the importers in SA . mine is eng thread. my does not have the made in italy on yhe down tube. yes no serial number under bb. I fell for you ,if you were charged an arm and a leg.

Replica or fake depending if is branded as Dogma or not

It's been a blast, as usual, boys and girls. Catch you on the flip side

Goodnight.

Dear Attorney Vaughan Hattingh

1. welcome to the hub.

2. The central allegation made by Mr Armstrong against your client is that the latter passed off a fake dogma as an original. This is the only issue, yet you do not deny this in your response which your client has pasted on this thread.

3. Instead of dealing with the sole issue upon which your clients fate ultimately falls to be decided, you choose to obfuscate, and raise matter which is wholly superflous.

4. I invite you to supplement your response, by either admitting or denying the allegations of counterfeit. Until you do, your response, such as it is, is vague and embarrassing, and, with great respect, does your client no credit whatsoever.

The only thing that hmm miss me is if I were in that position my recourse would be.

1. Contact supplier.

2. If no joy contact my legal.

3. Then contact social media.

This seems to have been done wrong way round.

I done know either party, but from what I see here everything is dodgy. But that is just me.

The money as stake here is huge in my book and there is just too much ........ at the moment. Will like to see what the courts say. I believe both are going to such on the hind tit from reading between the lines.

Damn you auto correct :)

1. welcome to the hub.

2. The central allegation made by Mr Armstrong against your client is that the latter passed off a fake dogma as an original. This is the only issue, yet you do not deny this in your response which your client has pasted on this thread.

3. Instead of dealing with the sole issue upon which your clients fate ultimately falls to be decided, you choose to obfuscate, and raise matter which is wholly superflous.

4. I invite you to supplement your response, by either admitting or denying the allegations of counterfeit. Until you do, your response, such as it is, is vague and embarrassing, and, with great respect, does your client no credit whatsoever.

BAM BAM! My thoughts zicackly!!!

Edit: spelling. Its late....

Edited by Maniax

Gosh, not even a Giant is safe from being faked, I have this same frame :eek:

Could there be other shops/ people possibly doing something similar?

Giants are made in Taiwan and China, so they're all approximate copies of this thing we call a bicycle.

First salvo for this morning.....

The current situation is as follows:

Fake bike bought with real money.

What would CS's legal eagle's response be in the following situation?:

Original bike bought with fake money (considering the buyer was polite and friendly, paid immediately, collected the bike himself, gave the shop personnel extra tips, had pizza delivered to the shop, told his buddies about the shop and "smiled and waved" as he walked out of the shop with an exceptional deal - the ideal customer).

Awaiting the legal verbal diarrhoea........

(Just maybe there would then be a thread by CS warning THE HUB about a person buying original bikes and paying with funny money (but real coins))

Edited by BarHugger

1. welcome to the hub.

Please add no 5.

5. We also suggest that your billing model is based on time and materials for this specific case.

So has the difference between GREY and FAKE been established yet?? :ph34r:

Not everything is black and white…

hi ,i have a 65.1 dogma that i imported and i now that mine is a oem model , im riding it for 15 mounths now and i am very happy with it . But i now what i have paid for it , i can not complain. Today MOST top end bikes are made in the east asia . when they get sent to italy (EG). IF THERE are cosmetics problems on theme it becames a (oem model). i fill we get taken for a ride by all the importers in SA . mine is eng thread. my does not have the made in italy on yhe down tube. yes no serial number under bb. I fell for you ,if you were charged an arm and a leg.

I'd hate to tell you this, but that is certainly not an OEM frame. That is a fake, just like the others. OEM frames are never made available to the public.

The paint blemishes on high end frames are usually re-worked. On the lower end frames; it is not cost effective to re-work them, so they are destroyed.

1. welcome to the hub.

Note to self: Do not use attorney Vaughan Hattingh!