Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

As it is the 'death knell' to the weekend and pretty depressing we have also stopped watching it ....

my BIL will stop doing what ever he does to watch CB im with you on this one, things in general are just depressing enough the last thing i want is to go to sleep after watching CB only to wake up on a monday, knowing just how much *** we in

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and I popped in there a few weeks back. Was the best service in a long time.Friendly chat , prices good ( yah , I know ). Have their own house brand. Did not buy anything , as we did not need anything.I hope I don't expose myself to legal charges , but after seeing this Mr A (? ) on CB , someone will have to hold me back from slapping him a few times.

Why? Because he stood up for himself and he's 100% correct? Or because the facts have been laid out and speaks for themselves? Or because you're a bully? All of the above?

Sorry, but your post reminds of those going after the public protector after she published the Nkandla report. Same mentality.

my BIL will stop doing what ever he does to watch CB im with you on this one, things in general are just depressing enough the last thing i want is to go to sleep after watching CB only to wake up on a monday, knowing just how much *** we in

AND sit in traffis ..... :P

My son and I popped in there a few weeks back. Was the best service in a long time.Friendly chat , prices good ( yah , I know ). Have their own house brand. Did not buy anything , as we did not need anything.I hope I don't expose myself to legal charges , but after seeing this Mr A (? ) on CB , someone will have to hold me back from slapping him a few times.

Wow....wow.

:thumbdown:

Guess that clears up where your morals and ethics lie !! :eek:

Guess that clears up where your morals and ethics lie !! :eek:

are you still boycotting woolworths "because they dont employ white people?"

http://www.fin24.com...-fires-20120904

I must say that if I walk pass the shop I would be inclined to pop in as well. There is probably some "freakshow" value.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

Reported, don't need this.

Why? Or because you're a bully?

Not a bully.

It starts with a P, ends with an S and rhymes with cough.

Before they gained notoriety over selling fake bikes, they had helped me out one Sunday when I stuffed up my rear mech. I could not find my desired rear mech anywhere locally at the time of day. The chaps took one off a shop floor bike and sold it to me so as to continue my ride. Was super impressed...........and then came this whole chinarello deal.

Despite the good service I received previously, I too no longer support them, having bought three bikes elswhere, subsequent to this story breaking. Not that I would have single handedly kept them in business anyway, but I am with the hubbers who prefer to stay away.

Good Luck Andrew.

Just an update on the Cycle Science saga, I laid a criminal case, however the Randburg prosecutor declined to prosecute as they deemed it a civil matter.

I issued a civil summons for my money back only for Cycle Science to issue an action to defend. In Cycle Science’s response, they said:

· I asked for a Chinese manufactured bicycle

· The fake bike was assembled by J & J Wholesalers

· Cycle Science is claiming damages from me of R450,856 for loss of earnings owing to saying I purchased a fake bike on Carte Blanche and Cycle Hub (sic)

I responded that I did appear on Carte Blanche but they must prove that the statements I made were ‘misrepresentations’, especially as Cycle Science itself admitted on Carte Blanche to selling fake products. Finally we asked how did they come by the fact that I was responsible for the R450,856 in damages.

They have until today to respond, thereafter I will request a trial date from the court.

The wheels of justice turn slowly but they turn…

Why have J&J Wholesalers been implicated in this story now?

Why have J&J Wholesalers been implicated in this story now?

Because Cycle Science are playing the it's everybody's fault but ours card. They could have resolved this all a long time ago.