Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that below confirmation from ASG and Pinarello that the bike is a fake, the picture in the story was taken by ASG

Is it a fake or is it a grey import.......2 very very different things.

FOCUS GUMMI ;)

As posted earlier on page 2

Below is the response from Pinarello.

Hi Winston,

I officially confirm you that the frame on picture you sent me is FAKE. You can forward this email to who he may concern to confirm my statement.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information.

Best Regards,

Luciano.

I also confirm after inspecting the attached frame and bars that they are not like the Pinarello Dogma 65.1 frames and Most Talon bars we purchase from Pinarello Italy.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Regards

file://localhost/Users/admin/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png

Winston Clark
|
ASG Sport Solutions

116B Glen Avenue | Willow Glen | Pretoria | Tel: 012 751 41 30 | Fax: 086 730 3099

FOCUS GUMMI ;)

As posted earlier on page 2

Below is the response from Pinarello.

Hi Winston,

I officially confirm you that the frame on picture you sent me is FAKE. You can forward this email to who he may concern to confirm my statement.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information.

Best Regards,

Luciano.

I also confirm after inspecting the attached frame and bars that they are not like the Pinarello Dogma 65.1 frames and Most Talon bars we purchase from Pinarello Italy.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Regards

file://localhost/Users/admin/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png

Winston Clark
|
ASG Sport Solutions

116B Glen Avenue | Willow Glen | Pretoria | Tel: 012 751 41 30 | Fax: 086 730 3099

Seems like a raid by ASG and Police organised crime is in order for the shop then.

Maybe Italian mafia setting up shop in SA now..... :lol:

To the OP report this to the cops.

And, unlike the SAPS, SARS ALWAYS gets their man/woman/taxdodger...

Hope that applies to the considerable fringe benefit's accrued in KZN by our "esteemed" chief thief.

And, unlike the guy at the robot selling some fake movies to support his family living in a shack, these guys probably made tens of thousands of rands on this one frame.

I once bought a set of cleats at this store (it was convenient) I want to go and insert those cleats if I could find them in someone's sphincter.

Looking forward to seeing this retailer

...come here and cry.

(don't worry, when I have the energy, I'll find someone there and direct them at this internet thing.)

Edited by Cellar

What a horror story. Sections 41 and 51 of the Consumer Protection Act prohibit this type of conduct. In fact I think that it also constitutes Unconscionable conduct as read within the meaning of section 40. Section 56 of the CPA entitles you to return the goods for a full refund.

CPA rights aside, you also have remedies under the Common Law to cancel the agreement, return the bike and to demand a full refund, based on the material misrepresentation.

Some good advice is given above regarding alerting SARS, and I am sure that Pinarellos agents will vigorously enforce the brands rights of IP - but whether that will benefit you directly is doubtful.

I hope you get your money back - keep us posted!

Isn't there a Hubber who works for SARS ?

Edited by fanievb