Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

If any Japanese manufacturer felt there was merit in modernizing a 2T MX bike it would be Yamaha or Kawasaki - Yamaha because for very little design input they could bring the YZ250 bang on up to date by adding the swingarm, forks and hubs from the YZ450 - that would make a massive difference in the handling of the old YZ250 which last had a major upgrade in 2007 I think, and Kawasaki because they just generally give a big fat middle finger to convention by building bonkers bikes like H2R's and creating a segment where there isn't really one.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very much if it's true - Honda made a big song and dance about how 2T's are dead and the future is 4T - Hell they were one of the biggest Contributors for the move from 500's to MotoGP.  There is no way they are going to admit they were wrong.

A 500 2T MX or Enduro bike is like that Bat-**** crazy Raven-haired mini-skirt and boots wearing beauty in Accounts - brilliant for a weekend away, but not so much when you have to live with it every day.....

Yep, been doing the rounds on all our 2T groups.

Lots of 2T photoshop images do the rounds often.

Will believe it when it happens.

Talking of 2T, any of you guys ever use the guy in CPT who makes the CDI units? 

Will need to be more specific, a lot of guys in CPT.........

Will need to be more specific, a lot of guys in CPT.........

There is a guy who makes CDI units, Jannie is his name. 

Need one for RM 125 and just wanted to know if anyone had used him before

A 500 2T MX or Enduro bike is like that Bat-**** crazy Raven-haired mini-skirt and boots wearing beauty in Accounts - brilliant for a weekend away, but not so much when you have to live with it every day.....

That and the fact that every time you rode it there was a very good chance it would try and kill you.... 

There is a guy who makes CDI units, Jannie is his name. 

Need one for RM 125 and just wanted to know if anyone had used him before

Jannie is well known in the Cape, I actually thought you were referring to him.

I haven't used him personally but our whatsapp group members use him religiously

Jannie is well known in the Cape, I actually thought you were referring to him.

I haven't used him personally but our whatsapp group members use him religiously

Thanks, I will be sending him stator and other bits next week for him to build up the cdi then I'll be on the way! 

That and the fact that every time you rode it there was a very good chance it would try and kill you.... 

Much like the aforementioned Accounts lady :whistling:

Thanks, I will be sending him stator and other bits next week for him to build up the cdi then I'll be on the way! 

There's a guy in the US who specializes in building CDI's for old IT's and aircooled YZ's - I actually had quite a long chat to him over email regarding building an Electronic Ignition for the Scrambler I built. He was telling me about the setup he had built - an old set of IT cases and a crank driven by an electric motor so he could vary the speed while he mapped the ignition curve.  Really nice down to earth kind of guy and very knowledgeable - and if you read the YamahaIT forums, his modern ignition system for the IT's and YZ's are way better than the OEM originals

There's a guy in the US who specializes in building CDI's for old IT's and aircooled YZ's - I actually had quite a long chat to him over email regarding building an Electronic Ignition for the Scrambler I built. He was telling me about the setup he had built - an old set of IT cases and a crank driven by an electric motor so he could vary the speed while he mapped the ignition curve.  Really nice down to earth kind of guy and very knowledgeable - and if you read the YamahaIT forums, his modern ignition system for the IT's and YZ's are way better than the OEM originals

Thinking of getting a 797 + monster.... 

getting soft in the head. 

help. 

but it appeals to me, getting too weak to resist.... damn

This just appeared on my FB. I like this Harley very much, despite the fact that at my age I would probably get cramp in the hips inside 20 kms!

post-52292-0-61721600-1558411942_thumb.jpeg