Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Wheelies; I've done lots and a few got away - one nailed a marshal at an enduro, ooops.  A great 5th gear one on a Husky on a long firebreak. Then one went sideways and I spent a month in hospital having my knee re-constructed. I am a little more careful since then.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here seen the series "Beyond Sahara"?

It's not about the Guptas.

Documentary about a group of guys riding through Africa from Cairo to Cape Town. Really cool. I'd be so keen to do something like that.

For those who stream...

I read this is definitely happening.

Its a bit too off-roady for me. I would want a more toury sort of ride.

The comfort of the DL was just so much better than the TRX

You guy's aren't making it easy hey......how am I suppose to break the news to the missus that we're not getting a Navarra next year and she'll have to stick with the Hardbody a few more years since I'll be having a hefty monthly "Doctor's bill".....

I currently have the DR600 and it doesn't pillion very well. I've considered the DL 1000/650 alot but it's just not offroad enough for me like the DR. Now the DR BIG might be just the thing.[emoji848]

.. "putting the expedition at risk".

How so? Surely he's saving on tyre wear?

Only the front one.

Ewan McG had an accident a few weeks before the expedition started, and I think that made them all aware of endangering it with unnecessary risks.

what a waste of time spent on a motorbike if you have somebody telling you you cant do this and that. isnt the point of bikes - to get away from that ****? seriously that spoilt the entire thing for me. it lost its "free adventure" charm.