Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this motorcycling is not without its risks. Be careful out there.. Had some sad news today bout a guy I knew.

Just take care

Very true.

My brother-in-law has been commuting and touring for 40plus years, and was taken down 2 weeks ago in CT on his new KTM adventure bike by a truck doing a u-turn.

He's being moved from the hospital today to Vincent Pallotti for rehab (he's paralysed from the waist down).

I was considering buying a F650GS for commuting myself until this, but on reflection I think I will still do it.

Condolences ICM. Riding yesterday I realised, again, how many dangerous drivers there are on the roads and how vulnerable you are on a motorcycle or bicycle even without being a hooligan or nutter yourself.

No commuting for me; as much dirt as possible please.

You know, this motorcycling is not without its risks. Be careful out there.. Had some sad news today bout a guy I knew.

Just take care

Condolences ICM.

I've always had an open relationship with my father and when I told him I'd started smoking he said to me "I'm not going to tell you what to do, you know what the dangers and consequences are."

He had the same to say about motorcycles.

Geez, that's terrible. Does he have family and support here? Happy to visit him if not. 

Thanks bud, that's really kind of you. (Edit: this really is an amazing community, isn't it?)

Fortunately he's a local there, so lots of support all round.

Edited by Lotus

Just take care

IceCreamMan, I've read back on the posts but can't find anything, what happened if I may ask?

IceCreamMan, I've read back on the posts but can't find anything, what happened if I may ask?

Sadly i have not enquired as to the specifics as the explanation was no one is actually sure at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt very much if it's true - Honda made a big song and dance about how 2T's are dead and the future is 4T - Hell they were one of the biggest Contributors for the move from 500's to MotoGP.  There is no way they are going to admit they were wrong.

A 500 2T MX or Enduro bike is like that Bat-**** crazy Raven-haired mini-skirt and boots wearing beauty in Accounts - brilliant for a weekend away, but not so much when you have to live with it every day.....