Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you sold this beaut?

No. I doubt I will ever sell it. Spent to many hours and it’s such a lekker bike to ride. Very rewarding keeping an old bike running.

And don't ever think that silicone sealer can be used instead of gasket maker. Silicone sealer belongs in bathrooms, fish tanks and women's t!ts. Not on your engine.

Oh, and never, ever use gasket making near the fuel system, ever.........

Found this out the hard way...

Boy do I miss riding my scoot. 

We normally order online but the waits are long so on the odd occasion i get to go out on the scoot to pick up a necessity,,, only a 5 mile round trip which i sometimes stretch to 7 miles but its a lekker lil ride. Best one can do at the moment. Hoping restrictions are relaxed a lil come monday which is our 21 days up. We wait n see. 

We normally order online but the waits are long so on the odd occasion i get to go out on the scoot to pick up a necessity,,, only a 5 mile round trip which i sometimes stretch to 7 miles but its a lekker lil ride. Best one can do at the moment. Hoping restrictions are relaxed a lil come monday which is our 21 days up. We wait n see. 

Yep, gonna have to do that today. Walls are closing in on me today. 

This popped up in my feed.

I had the 900F at the time and am sorely tempted

Honda did some awesome two tone colour schemes on their bikes back in the 80's!!

I got handed down (or appropriated, depending on who you ask  :whistling: ) my dad's CBX550 from him in the mid 90's. Loved that bike...

post-6978-0-21540000-1586331901_thumb.jpg

PS... On the off chance someone here has one of these or knows someone who does - I still have the Haynes workshop manual somewhere - Free to a good home if anyone wants it...

Honda did some awesome two tone colour schemes on their bikes back in the 80's!!

I got handed down (or appropriated, depending on who you ask  :whistling: ) my dad's CBX550 from him in the mid 90's. Loved that bike...

attachicon.gifhonda-cbx550f-02.jpg

PS... On the off chance someone here has one of these or knows someone who does - I still have the Haynes workshop manual somewhere - Free to a good home if anyone wants it...

All the pics of the old boneys makes me reminisce of going to kyalami in the old days..where there were 400, 550, 750, 1000 and open classes plus a F1 kind of class and the fields would be full and the whole day just motorcycles and large crowds... 

Used to go to halfway house drive in, watch a double feature then move to kyalami and stay over night...lekker old days...men and their 50 cc machines hey... damn we were so piss cool... moved onto bigger bikes but the kyalami rituals remained....

then came the GSXR750 and that completely changed motorcycle racing in ZA. 

All the pics of the old boneys makes me reminisce of going to kyalami in the old days..where there were 400, 550, 750, 1000 and open classes plus a F1 kind of class and the fields would be full and the whole day just motorcycles and large crowds... 

Used to go to halfway house drive in, watch a double feature then move to kyalami and stay over night...lekker old days...men and their 50 cc machines hey... damn we were so piss cool... moved onto bigger bikes but the kyalami rituals remained....

then came the GSXR750 and that completely changed motorcycle racing in ZA. 

Wasn't Rod Gray in the F1 class with his converted XS11?

Wasn't Rod Gray in the F1 class with his converted XS11?

look my memory is hazy but i seem to recall a BP advert where they lined up the 1100 cc machines being the Katana, the XS, the RC and the GPZ with the manne standing by their machines... that would indicate it was the open class. 

The F1 class was like seriously modified bikes with that japanese ou (errol quo chan or something) that ended up workign at suzuki for years and heaseman who i am sure used a heavily modded bke in the standard classes too as he would invarioably be about 40 km/h faster down the old straight... 

Yep, gonna have to do that today. Walls are closing in on me today.

Someone has to make a shop run tomorrow, I'm first in line with the Beemer.[emoji106]

Just hoping the list stays short enough. If to much is needed then I'm out and the wife will have to go with the car.

Someone has to make a shop run tomorrow, I'm first in line with the Beemer.[emoji106]

Just hoping the list stays short enough. If to much is needed then I'm out and the wife will have to go with the car.

Could always go twice I spose