M L

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have to know what this baby weighs?

Beaut!!!

10.5 - enve wheels are HEAVY. I've got a set of Stans Valors as well, 200g lighter than enve & wait for it...no rider weight limit.  

Lighter and stronger than aluminum rims, the Valor’s carbon rim lay-up is engineered to absorb radial vibrations and impacts adding suspension to a bike, making the ZTR Valor Carbon the most advanced wheelset NoTubes has ever produced. Non-compliant heavy rims that deliver a harsh, abusive ride have become the standard from most companies producing carbon rims.  The ZTR Valor utilizes a construction that is both elastic and strong.   Stan's NoTubes has constructed a light weight carbon fiber rim design not just to be stronger than aluminum but also to perform better in real world riding conditions.

Max Rider weight 230 pounds Set Weight 1310g - 1350g Spokes Black Sapim Laser 1.8/1.5 butted Spoke Nipples Black Sapim Double Square Locking Alloy Rim Material Carbon fiber Rim Depth 19.3mm Rim Width External 26.4mm Rim Width Internal 21.3mm Front Hub 6 bolt Stan's 3.30Ti or Cannondale Lefty Rear Hub 6 bolt Stan's 3.30Ti Hub Bearings Stainless Cartridge Valve Stem Red Aluminum Yellow tape 25mm installed

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picking up my tallboy carbon tomorrow...like a little kid before christmas!

Went with the lefty for now, we will see how she performs!

Will post some snaps when she is home!

Another proud SC owner...

Finally picking up my tallboy carbon tomorrow...like a little kid before christmas!

Went with the lefty for now, we will see how she performs!

Will post some snaps when she is home!

Another proud SC owner...

Lucky $@#%&

Erm.

Are you sure you're on the correct frame size?

Hahahaha, Probably should be on an XL but as it's a shop demo frame I can't be to picky.

I have always ridden large frames 19/20, my legs are way to long for my arms so XL kills my back. My setup there in the same as I have always ridden, seatpost is on min insert though so cutting it close.

Spoke, very nice build.

Is it frame protection on the cables?

How is the Reynolds?

If I may ask, selling price on the wheels?

Spoke, very nice build.

Is it frame protection on the cables?

How is the Reynolds?

If I may ask, selling price on the wheels?

Thanks still going to go 1x10 but love my 2x10 and at 10.7kg it's no pig.

Jip got some silicon frame protectors that slide over the gear outer because my damn legs are so long I have to run the cables the same side as the shifters otherwise they catch on my knees.

Love the Reynolds, they aren't light for carbon at around 1575g for the wheelset. Most of that weight is in the rims though which are each 100g heavier than the new Enve's. But these things are bullet proof, I run very low tyre pressures and have on occasion smashed the rim on a rock through the tyre (snakebite) where I've thought that's it they're done only to stop and find they are still perfect but that might also have to do with weighing 60kg but I ride them everywhere downhill and enduro. The bead bump is great and have never bruped a tyre. The only negative would be that they 24 hole so for heavier riders they will flex a bit but I think the new ones are 28 hole. The rear freehub design is also Cr@p and doesn't last long but nothing a bit of engineering can't fix.

Last time I checked the wheels where around 24k if memory serves. Contact Good To Go Trading 011 943 4825 / 071 689 3349

And yes you can say it. She won the prettiest competition !!!! I love this bike !!!

What is the weight as pictured?

• 1 month later...

post-52815-0-03029700-1431549422_thumb.jpg

My recently completed Blur LTC 140mm build.

Pike RCT3 160mm

ENVE 800mm DH bars

WTB Frequency i25 rims on hope hubs.

SLX brakes 180mm, 203mm

XT everything else.

Oh yes, here is my Blur next to my Tallboy. :whistling:

post-52815-0-47628900-1431549789_thumb.jpg

Edit: bike is now quite different

Edited by Mathieu_Schneuwly