I gave in... Finally

clauderoux

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done 11000km from new. had 1 tire wall cut, and thats it.... my tires must have 20-30 thorns in each and never gone flat!!! Will never ever use tubes...

Guest Zeitgeist

It will set your free...besides the puncture protection on offer, running lower pressures gives a bit of advantage in the tight stuff

I find higher pressure works well in the tight stuff

Im doing it at my LBS, Cyclo Sport.

Thats more or less the total cost.

Basically all that stuff mentioned ja

They have done all my tubeless conversions. Not a single problem. Ask Trevor to do it, he is the MAN.

I have done 11000km from new. had 1 tire wall cut, and thats it.... my tires must have 20-30 thorns in each and never gone flat!!! Will never ever use tubes...

Flip, dude! On one set of tires!? WTF do you ride?

Just a word of warning. Went tubeless a couple of months ago (home job - great).

Got a leak on Saturday in Tokai - one knobbly tore off and it would not seal from inside.

Take out spare tube from backpack.

Small problem - nut on tubeless valve stem TOO tight to loosen by hand and Leatherman at home.

30mins too get valve out.

King of FLATS!

Flip, dude! On one set of tires!? WTF do you ride?

HAHA. I wish.... 3 sets of tires, got my tire wall cut in my first 500km, there after, never ever a puncture again

Just a word of warning. Went tubeless a couple of months ago (home job - great).

Got a leak on Saturday in Tokai - one knobbly tore off and it would not seal from inside.

Small problem - nut on tubeless valve stem TOO tight to loosen by hand and Leatherman at home.

King of FLATS!

Exactly why I carry this little piece of magic :) - saved a few guys rides ....

post-271-0-64814000-1404119673_thumb.jpg

My next tubeless conversion will be my son,s 24 inch wheelset .He is the last one in the family still on tubes and dad has had enough practice fixing tube,s by now

So, I have always held out on doing the tubeless thing, telling myself its not worth it. I never actually had any major problems so I thought the +-R1500 odd is just too much to spend.

Well this weekend changed my mind... Planned a nice 45/50km ride and in the first 12km's had 3 flats. I was gatvol and turned back.

Probably doing the conversion this week.

Hi, Let me know what difference you feel after changing, as I am still in your old boat and not sure what the fuss is about.

no sympathy for the tubed

Not even if I'm carrying 3 of the flippin' things in my pack? :blush:

I have been looking at the tubeless option for a while now, actually - I think since I became Tjoop Change King 2013/4. I still need to wrap my head around some of the logistics though, like is it possible to pump your tyre with a pump on tubeless? I've come to understand that you need a big whack of air in there initially to form a seal - this true? Also, I've read that bombs are not the way to go since CO2 and stans don't get along very well.

In the meantime I'm using Kenda kwickseals which are not bad at all for the smaller stuff but the LBS has been out of stock for a while now.

King of FLATS!

I had the same issue and used the flat screwdriver on my multi tool to get it to turn, you push against the bumps on the nut.

Not even if I'm carrying 3 of the flippin' things in my pack? :blush:

I have been looking at the tubeless option for a while now, actually - I think since I became Tjoop Change King 2013/4. I still need to wrap my head around some of the logistics though, like is it possible to pump your tyre with a pump on tubeless? I've come to understand that you need a big whack of air in there initially to form a seal - this true? Also, I've read that bombs are not the way to go since CO2 and stans don't get along very well.

In the meantime I'm using Kenda kwickseals which are not bad at all for the smaller stuff but the LBS has been out of stock for a while now.

is it possible to pump your tyre with a pump on tubeless? I've come to understand that you need a big whack of air in there initially to form a seal - this true?

Yes and no. Some may require a bit of a blast to get them seated the first time but after that they are fine but I have managed to get the last two I did to seat using just my floor pump.

Also, I've read that bombs are not the way to go since CO2 and stans don't get along very well.

Not aware of that issue but since going tubeless I have never punctured badly enough to need a bomb.