Who remembers?

DPG

an acquaintance of mine urinated in his winkel picker ...he was not amused

he was important in the 80's in SA music scene for what he did...but then he discovered rage music in the early 90s  (for want of a better word) and only ever played that

Ha ha that must have been priceless!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha that must have been priceless!

it was at one of those lion lager roadshows that went around universities across the country..not sure if you were in SA at that time

it was at one of those lion lager roadshows that went around universities across the country..not sure if you were in SA at that time

I am not sure if I remember the Lion Lager road shows so it might have been whilst I was back in England or I just have  bad memory.   

I am not sure if I remember the Lion Lager road shows so it might have been whilst I was back in England or I just have bad memory.

They were far from memorable. Mango groove headlining with that blonde afrikaans poppie singing lietjies like itsy bitsy polka dot bikini. If anyone remembers her name remind me please

They were far from memorable. Mango groove headlining with that blonde afrikaans poppie singing lietjies like itsy bitsy polka dot bikini. If anyone remembers her name remind me please

clare johstone. She was so hot

edit: she was english

Edited by facmp

Sonja Herholdt

Guest notmyname

Fontana chicken. I was to young to know the Hilbrow one. But the melville branch. Now that place saved many a drunkard youth crawling from Roxies at a little after 01:00.

Edited by *neilneilneilneilneil*

Fontana chicken. I was to young to know the Hilbrow one. But the melville branch. Now that place saved many a drunkard youth crawling from Roxies at a little after 01:00.

I think that many people have fond memories of Fontana. Not even sure if the brand still exists.

Still a thing but I used to play Mtg a lot. Even had quite a few rare cards. When I moved out if last ex's place, totally forgot about them. Now when I see prices of some of the cards traded online :(

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpgattachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

Yoh, I played this so much at school. it was the coolest game ever. Also have a stack of cards with a few rare ones that are in some covers specifically for them.

HP is like the Spaz of the engineering world.

And in the world of accountants. I still have 3 financial HP calculators

Sonja Herholdt

nope..this is gonna drive me nuts..she had minor to major fame in SA culture in the late 80s early 90s

EDIT...PATRICIA LEWIS

Edited by Stretch

nope..this is gonna drive me nuts..she had minor to major fame in SA culture in the late 80s early 90s

EDIT...PATRICIA LEWIS

Die tannie met dai Groot Ta ta's

Hell talk about taking a trip down memory lane with this thread.

Spatz I remember well. Spent many Saturday and Friday night there.

Late Night Dukes in Rosebank.

Foxies in Rivonia.

What was the one in Randburg called "Chillers?"

Always remember going to Spatz to watch 909, they always used to open their set with that Simply Red song, "something Got me Started" I think. Then walking to Balalaika for some more fun. There was also that place over the road from Balalaika for a bit, forget what it was called.

Edited by Jigghead