Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7b51d645c5827ac80aa5049d82ad1720.jpg

Who remembers what this meant? ....... Lashes. Only unknown was how many you were about to be privileged to receive.

our woodwork teacher had a cricket bad he rather "enjoyed"

The only name missing there is Bear International.  And I know I did  have one.  Maybe i never got round to sticking it on!

The biggest void is from the absence of the Mr. Zogs Sex Wax stickers that were easily peelable off the plastic wrapping.

Who can forget Mr. Zogs, Best for your stick?

I must have gone through a good few of those, and then Mrs. Palmers and her 5 daughters made their arrival. Took exotic to a whole new level.

post-103677-0-94977500-1504191108.jpg

Edited by Robbie Stewart

The Roller Rink at Cresta?

The bmx track and bowl at Cresta?

When all there was in Lonehill was a bmx track?

Ramping your bike into Emmarentia Dam?

When it was safe on Northcliff Hill?

Bella Napoli? San Lorenzo? The Thunderdome? The doors nightclub and Boobs?

Santarama miniland?

eVoid at the Chelsea underground?

The concert in the park?

Just taking a trip down memory lane!

Bella Napoli (Bellas) and Thunderdome. Lost halve my hearing there.

Edited by Moridin

The only name missing there is Bear International. And I know I did have one. Maybe i never got round to sticking it on!

Those stickers look very familiar, might belong at Heuwel Laan if I'm not mistaken, or was it Bergsig? Edited by MphatiPyga

Fond memories. I had a Gotcha "barrel bag" with the wet and dry compartment.

I remember in the early 80's when we were isolated from the rest of the world, getting the Surfer mag from CNA and sending letters to the international companies like Maui and Sons and Santa Cruz Skateboards asking for stickers. Must have cost my folks a small fortune in stamps.... Then the replies came and the prize inside the replies! We used to stick them on our plastic technical drawing boxes that we used to carry all our set squares and french curves etc.

Ha, Ha, yah, I remember,....life was a lot simpler back then.  :lol:

Or being at the Gunston 500 and waiting for stickers to be thrown out. I still have sme Zigzags signed with stickers from 30 years ago now  :thumbup:

Yah, and the hovering "John Rolfe" helicopter would blow them all over the place. :blush:  

our woodwork teacher had a cricket bad he rather "enjoyed"

Our Maths teacher was rather fond of a 600 wooden ruler...

He used to ask you if you were left or right handed and then klap the other one so you were in pain but you could still do the work.

Edited by Grebel

Fond memories. I had a Gotcha "barrel bag" with the wet and dry compartment.

I remember in the early 80's when we were isolated from the rest of the world, getting the Surfer mag from CNA and sending letters to the international companies like Maui and Sons and Santa Cruz Skateboards asking for stickers. Must have cost my folks a small fortune in stamps.... Then the replies came and the prize inside the replies! We used to stick them on our plastic technical drawing boxes that we used to carry all our set squares and french curves etc.

That sounds remarkably like my younger years, including the technical drawing kit. My drawing board was covered in stickers.

Those stickers look very familiar, might belong at Heuwel Laan if I'm not mistaken, or was it Bergsig?

Haha.  Was Bergsig  Laan.  I took a drive there about 5 years back.  Just to see.  Brought back some brilliant memories!

Ja the days when 702 played music and spoke no political k@k...

My garage radio packed up a few months back, so I dug out my old Sony HiFi from up in the spare room.  Probably used it last 15 years or so back, and must have been listening to 702 on AM when I turned it off because it defaulted back to that.  Turns out LM radio is now transmitting on the old 702kHz frequency.  I'm probably getting old, but it sounds just like the old 702, complete with the odd crackle and pop synonymous with AM.  Brings back all sorts of warm memories

Our Maths teacher was rather fond of a 600 wooden ruler...

He used to ask you if you were left or right handed and then klap the other one so you were in pain but you could still do the work.

Our History teacher had a cane he loved..had to hide the blue palms from my dad a few times.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Our History teacher had one of those officer's canes wrapped in leather...

First 2 periods on Friday was "katkisasie"  - review of the week's work. He walked around class with the cane and asked questions. If you knew the answer you put your hand up.

If your hand was not up, you took a bow for one. If your hand was up, and he caught you not knowing the answer, the bow was for a double.

You never left class without at least six.

(Edit: grammar)

Edited by Warthog