The Beer Debate

SandBar in Umdloti only serves this on tap... absolutely brilliant stuff

http://blog.londolozi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tap.jpghttp://www.darlingbrew.co.za/images/slow_beer.jpg

This goes down well with a 1kg of ribs and bottomless chips for the table and some spicy nachos... looking out over the Indian ocean... my favourite weekend spot

lekker beer

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi Kalahari, recommend me 'n plekkie to eat & drink on the beachfront in debben. will be there for IM 

ta

So - breakfast, good spot is Circus circus cafe - sitting feet in the sand and chowing a pancake stack!

Also a lekker spot is california dreaming - good food - can get a bit noisy at peak lunch time - if you are early you can get a recliner chair and look at all the jogging lemmings (few hot ones too)

Best chicken in town is Afros chicken - this is the stuff legends are made off!!! lekker cheap, freah healthy chicken strips on a ciabatta bun with double baked chunky fries! And its by a favourite surfing spot - entertainment on the go

For dinner ill recomment moyo at ushaka (our local Chromo is a chef there btw) excellent excellent food - you will need to then have the Moroccan Slow Braised Lamb Shank. Drinks on the pier after dinner to wash it down!

If you want to drive out there are two excellent spots

North: Sandbar at umdloti - lekker lekker lekker pub food

South: Anything fishy at Scotsburgh for authentic Fish&chips - oily, fresh, wrapped in gray paper! the best

Inside Durban

Go to Florida road:

Mama luciana's  small italian restaurant with a homey feel - best pizza ever

Upper highway area:

Lunch: Sprigs cafe is awesome - buffet style, fresh produce, really really good!

Dinner: Bellevue cafe - OVER 20 CRAFT BEERS TO CHOOSE FROM ENOUGH SAID (including FIERY DRAGON ginger beer, my favourite there)

More east

To the Valley of a 1000 hills - there is The pot and kettle has an amazing view, just brilliant

Want to stop on the way?

You have to turn off at Nottingham road in the midlands

- Rawdons hotel (where the Notties brewery is) has awesome food - and the best, i repeat the best soup ever, if its cold, go sit there in a corner by a fireplace with some soup, fresh bread, and even fresher beer.

Also the Bierfassle is an awesome place to... have beer, and wash it down with a big-ass eisbein!!!

Edited by Latent_Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Some ofyou may have already stopped off at MogallyWood on your way back from Breedts however they are now opening a pub in Magalies (where the old Thatchwood used to be), its on the BekkerSkool road just off the R24..post-12678-0-40028500-1438772781_thumb.jpg

Don't like hand made beer .I like Black Label end of Story,will drink other stuff for fun,Sorry ne

So - breakfast, good spot is Circus circus cafe - sitting feet in the sand and chowing a pancake stack!

Also a lekker spot is california dreaming - good food - can get a bit noisy at peak lunch time - if you are early you can get a recliner chair and look at all the jogging lemmings (few hot ones too)

Best chicken in town is Afros chicken - this is the stuff legends are made off!!! lekker cheap, freah healthy chicken strips on a ciabatta bun with double baked chunky fries! And its by a favourite surfing spot - entertainment on the go

For dinner ill recomment moyo at ushaka (our local Chromo is a chef there btw) excellent excellent food - you will need to then have the Moroccan Slow Braised Lamb Shank[/size]. Drinks on the pier after dinner to wash it down!

If you want to drive out there are two excellent spots

North: Sandbar at umdloti - lekker lekker lekker pub food

South: Anything fishy at Scotsburgh for authentic Fish&chips - oily, fresh, wrapped in gray paper! the best

Inside Durban

Go to Florida road:

Mama luciana's  small italian restaurant with a homey feel - best pizza ever

Upper highway area:

Lunch: Sprigs cafe is awesome - buffet style, fresh produce, really really good!

Dinner: Bellevue cafe - OVER 20 CRAFT BEERS TO CHOOSE FROM ENOUGH SAID (including FIERY DRAGON ginger beer, my favourite there)

More east

To the Valley of a 1000 hills - there is The pot and kettle has an amazing view, just brilliant

Want to stop on the way?

You have to turn off at Nottingham road in the midlands

- Rawdons hotel (where the Notties brewery is) has awesome food - and the best, i repeat the best soup ever, if its cold, go sit there in a corner by a fireplace with some soup, fresh bread, and even fresher beer.

Also the Bierfassle is an awesome place to... have beer, and wash it down with a big-ass eisbein!!!

Gonna be in the Balito area in 2 weeks, any sugestions of a great place to eat with some lekka beer

So, today is international IPAday.

Guess I'll have to head over to Beerhouse for a hoppy beverage or six.