The Beer Debate

Tree Hubber

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the opinion, that the mexicans should stick to making tequila.

They have a Tequila flavored beer.

You'll enjoy the Naked Mexican if you enjoyed Sol. I think it's brewed by CBC. Very similar taste.

Sadly every time I've tried a Naked Mexican, it was infected....... :thumbdown:

If one consume enough tequila, the following day, any liquid that goes into one's mouth is tequila flavored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If one consume enough tequila, the following day, any liquid that goes into one's mouth is tequila flavored

"If I'd known I was going to be so parched today, I would have drunk more last night.... :whistling: "

• 4 weeks later...

d865759985c5f4ac9d9e6100af103bac.jpg

Tried one of these at home the other day, not bad imo.

dcff2274f69a8d88d36ee5051481ed34.jpg

Then had my first craft beer yesterday in Stellenbosch. Also quite enjoyable.

I did eventually try some Sol as well, but I think I'll be sticking to my Hansa for when it comes to buying a 6 pack.

Anything that is flavoured isn't beer.

Went into a number of shops yesterday to look at craft beers and found that at least half of the craft beers are from overseas which is a pity and I was wondering if many of the local craft beers can still call themselves craft beers as most of them are made in micro-breweries.

What would you call a craft beer?

To me you can't call yourself a craft beer producer when your output is more than 5000 bottles per month - then you are a micro-brewer.

(similar debate as to what is home-made)

Went into a number of shops yesterday to look at craft beers and found that at least half of the craft beers are from overseas which is a pity and I was wondering if many of the local craft beers can still call themselves craft beers as most of them are made in micro-breweries.

To me you can't call yourself a craft beer producer when your output is more than 5000 bottles per month - then you are a micro-brewer.

Agree on the flavoured "Beer". I dont like them, they are more like coolers than glorious beer

As for what is a craft beer, to me it's home made but not mass produced but these days eveyone gets on the band wagon

Then what's a microbrewery? Heard that it's less that 7.5mill units per year. I guess compared to SAB, that's tiny, where a single fermenter is 100k litres. 

In my mind, craft beer is made by anyone other than SAB. Wait... *BEER* is made by anyone other than SAB....

There's an Act that was passed in the US defining what may be labelled as craft beer. There's a volume limitation, must have a single brewer for all batches, etc. Obviously not applicable in SA though but interesting nonetheless. BTW very few beers labelled as 'craft' in SA would qualify under those guidelines since the majority of them are contract brewed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been enjoying Guinness lately, or if I'm watching my budget, Castle Milk Stout.

It is after all winter.

I remember once I picked up 3 kg in 2 weeks from drinking Castle milk stouts.

Got these in my fridge now for more than 10 months. Been saving em for winter, and now it's almost over.

Brewdog Paradox Islay

1465468112paradox.jpg

Edited by stefmeister