Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the fittest "Cardio athletes in the world are" 

Cross country Skiers

Iron man Athletes

Boxers

Footballers

Cyclists

Ultra Marathon and Marathon Runners

I would say the stongest athletes in the world are (when i say strong i mean real world strength not muscle bound  posuers"

Rugby/Grid iron football

Boxers/MMA

Wrestlers  (not wwf olympic style)

Ice Hockey

Overall to me the Ultimate Ahtlete that combines the best combination of  strength, speed, cardio, flexibility, dicipline, agility , fitness, mental toughness etc is without a doubt BOXING

Boxing is the toughest sport on the planet and unfortunatley the most dangerous as well.

I do do crossfit and i dont consider it a sport but the guys that compete at crossfit are bloody impressive athletes in their own right, the problem is they not very good at one dicipline.

The top end Supercross racers would give them all a good run for their money cardio and strength wise as well.

Guys like Aldon Baker really took the sport to new levels

I will bring back the 'what defines cardio fit'?

The ability to go really long or the ability to go fast many times?

I honestly don't think you can say any athlete is 'the fittest'. 

I can attest to cross country skiers being insanely fit with the added ability to slow their heart rate down to shoot 5c pieces standing up after skiing for 4 hours.... 

BUT no. I think guys like Chris Fome, Nathan Fa'Avae, Rob Preston etc are crazy fit having to paddle, Carry boats and bikes up mountains, ride, abseil, run AND navigate to an A3 size letter in the middle of nowhere using a map and compass while sleep deprived and on the go non stop at pace for up to a week at a time.

There is my bias. Strongest is not fittest... or is it?

I can attest to cross country skiers being insanely fit with the added ability to slow their heart rate down to shoot 5c pieces standing up after skiing for 4 hours.... 

BUT no. I think guys like Chris Fome, Nathan Fa'Avae, Rob Preston etc are crazy fit having to paddle, Carry boats and bikes up mountains, ride, abseil, run AND navigate to an A3 size letter in the middle of nowhere using a map and compass while sleep deprived and on the go non stop at pace for up to a week at a time.

You illustrate a good point, you can be crazy fit in terms of burst strength and speed but also be unable to run a 100km race with that same fitness.

Its the whole fast twitch vs slow twitch story. 

Expedition racers are a special kind of fit with hectic mental toughness added in.

I still maintain Forne and Lynch are the real powerhouses there. With those documentaries in most of the shots, one carries the map, the other has 2 packs on his back and they just swap roles all the way. I think Fa'Avae is free to make pace decisions and there is less pressure on the lady in the team. Well oiled machine, they are proper tough though.

I still maintain Forne and Lynch are the real powerhouses there. With those documentaries in most of the shots, one carries the map, the other has 2 packs on his back and they just swap roles all the way. I think Fa'Avae is free to make pace decisions and there is less pressure on the lady in the team. Well oiled machine, they are proper tough though.

Late in a long hike, 2 packs on back and Map in hand- Machines

post-57821-0-03558400-1591602333_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave303e

I 100% agree... Chris Forne is pretty much my hero. Socially awkward, humble as hell and probably one of the most skilled orienteerers in history. 

I spent a bit of time chatting to him on Reunion. 

Also, unlike Greg Glassman, not an idiot...

Edited by Jewbacca

All I can say is WOW. For such a public personality to make that comment - whether he is a racist or not is just stupid. Greg just threw away his empire in a tweet. Though it was heading in that direction for a while.

I dont see a tweet, is it attached to the post or has it been removed?

All I can say is WOW. For such a public personality to make that comment - whether he is a racist or not is just stupid. Greg just threw away his empire in a tweet. Though it was heading in that direction for a while.

It was on the decline wasn't it? Also had that feeling.

I've been amazed at the size and swiftness of the reaction. In a good way. He has completely dismantled the brand in a couple minutes?/hours?. 

True colours will always shine through, this is as good a time as any to kick him to the side.

I've been amazed at the size and swiftness of the reaction. In a good way. He has completely dismantled the brand in a couple minutes?/hours?. 

True colours will always shine through, this is as good a time as any to kick him to the side.

Ja... He had been lashing out against the covid19 reaction and regulations quite a bit in a 'it's not bad, let people die' kind of way.

I put it down to roid rage over his gyms being closed and his cash cow drying up overnight...

Ja, he was going off the rails a bit. Like mentioned, I think the Covid rants was due to his gyms being closed. But that little Tweet just ensured his gyms will no longer be his gyms (rightfully so). A large number of athletes have distanced themselves, and the crossfit affiliates are following suite and going on their own.

Maybe it will be the Rogue or Reebok games going forward, who knows... The sport certainly won't die, it just won't continue under the CrossFit TM banner.

Ja, he was going off the rails a bit. Like mentioned, I think the Covid rants was due to his gyms being closed. But that little Tweet just ensured his gyms will no longer be his gyms (rightfully so). A large number of athletes have distanced themselves, and the crossfit affiliates are following suite and going on their own.

Maybe it will be the Rogue or Reebok games going forward, who knows... The sport certainly won't die, it just won't continue under the CrossFit TM banner.

A change in leadership with subtle rejigging of the logo while sustaining an obviously changed culture can bring ppl back to the brand.But as long as glassman stays, the halo of stink around CF will persist and grow.

Glassman, for all the good he brought ot he world via crossfit, sounds like a bona fide racist.

In the lengthy direct address to the CrossFit community, CrossFit’s staff addresses a number of topics and questions stemming from — but not just confined to — founder Greg Glassman’s tweets from the previous weekend. Since Glassman’s Twitter comments, other information has come to light to feed what’s been a largely critical response. These include an email reply from Glassman to the leadership of Rocket CrossFit, along with audio of an earlier Zoom call in which Glassman can be heard saying, “We’re not mourning for George Floyd.” 

I say sounds like deliberately, because there's such a thing as context. But i don't doubt that barbend quoted the sound bite entirely. And it looks exactly like how he so confidently posted FLOYD-19.

He just didn't give a ****.

So FckHim! Good riddance.Let him go reform his mind outside of the limelight of crossfit.