Crossfit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have anyone used the Assault-air bike? Have a look at the Cranks.

That thing kills you.

At the 2014 regionals I did a 1min max calories sprint.

You go so hard into your anaerobic zone that you get that super intense muscle pain afterwards, blood in your mouth taste etc.

I loved it!

That thing kills you.

At the 2014 regionals I did a 1min max calories sprint.

You go so hard into your anaerobic zone that you get that super intense muscle pain afterwards, blood in your mouth taste etc.

I loved it!

Special kinda person

concept reminds me of the lemond revolution trainer

Technical answer: Seems counter intuitive, feels like the crank will move in the "wrong direction when you step on the pedal. But in Mechanics&Dynamics the only thing to remember is the placement of the force vector relative to the rotational axle(if you assume the connecting members are rather infinitely stiff and not very flexible). The crank still moves "Forward" if you place a downward force at the 3h00 position.

Experimental answer: Daai "fiets" maak jou BAIE MOEG, BAIE VINNIG! Not recommended for cyclists if you want a direct transfer to normal riding/racing intensities. However it is great for overall conditioning and HIIT sessions. My arms get exhausted WAAYY before my legs, so I rather have the legs do the work and add the arms very economically, 

Don't know if you guys watch or know of barbell shrugged? Mostly crossfit based podcast, but there is some serious knowledge bombs there regarding mental strength, lifestyle planning around exercise, nutrition etc.

But here's a link to anaerobic training with rowing/metcons and ofc the assualt bike:

Very interesting when they discuss the effect it has on strong guys vs better aerobically conditioned guys 

Hahaha, I remember that event. I think I might have peed my pants a little.

I finished on the Sled/hammer drive,

I was sponsored to do Crossfit training full time for two years:

National Service - 7th South African Infantry.

Some of the Opvok Crossfit exercises they came up with there defy description.

• 2 years later...

So unsurprisingly, Tia and Matt crushed it again. the latter's win might be somewhat controversial given he "only" had time points deducted when he seemingly did not realize a weight sack fell out of his weighted vest. Irrespective, i think he is a deserved champ.

disappointed with Horvat's showing. Really thought she was going to go toe2toe with Tia. But i guess there were warnings given the sanctioned events she participated in: she was way off top performance. Came in looking super swole though..

Meh, watched most events and it is just not built to be a spectator friendly competition. I follow the games because I did Crossfit for a couple of years, and there wasn't much else on in terms of sport this weekend.

The points system has always bugged me.

I think instead of points for placings they should really move towards a proportional scoring system, to reward an athlete that demolished the field(Like Tia did on the Swim/Paddle), or to "punish" an athlete that had a blowout.

You are very dependant on the form of the rest of the field if you want to make real progress on your direct competitor.

Tia scored 10 points more than Haley Adams, who she beat in the swim by 3min6s, whereas Jamie Green scored 10 points more than Amanda Barnhart even though she only beat her by 0.36s in the same event. To beat your competitors by 3mins on a 25min event is an @ss whooping of note.

Meh, watched most events and it is just not built to be a spectator friendly competition. I follow the games because I did Crossfit for a couple of years, and there wasn't much else on in terms of sport this weekend.

The points system has always bugged me.

I think instead of points for placings they should really move towards a proportional scoring system, to reward an athlete that demolished the field(Like Tia did on the Swim/Paddle), or to "punish" an athlete that had a blowout.

You are very dependant on the form of the rest of the field if you want to make real progress on your direct competitor.

Tia scored 10 points more than Haley Adams, who she beat in the swim by 3min6s, whereas Jamie Green scored 10 points more than Amanda Barnhart even though she only beat her by 0.36s in the same event. To beat your competitors by 3mins on a 25min event is an @ss whooping of note.

True. But do you think they going to institute some changes to prevent repeat winners? I mean lets face it: Tia and Matt smoked the competition. Matt's 60sec time penalty only created illusion the others had chance.

I'm happy for Olsen, raced on to the scene way back and then never quite cut it for so many years. Great performance. Also happy for Jaime Greene, I really like her, she's like a little pit-bull.

As for the 2 winners, just from a different planet right now.

I reckon Jason will be disappointed, or at least I am, he's much better than 29th....