Crossfit

^^This.

People are quick to slam crossfit and what the chicks look like and how bad/dangerous it is.

But the way the workouts are structured have such a massive impact on your day to day life.

bro I was trying VERY hard to stop a chubby from progressing when watching the South Pacific regionals! Those women are hot. And Camille le Blanc-Bezinet. Swoon.... 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran: 8:47 with 30kg bar

Dead lift: 167kg

Back squat:125kg

Clean:95kg

Karen: just finished under 10min

Compete in Masters: 45-50

Now its your turn.

Fran: 6:15 at 35kg

Helen: 9:58

Cindy: 13 rounds

Back Squat:  105kg

Front Squat:  82kg

Clean:  80kg

Def dont take my ego to class - I rather go lighter and hit it faster.  

We did LMS this last weekend - just the beginner classification, but was such a jol and really surprised myself!

Edited by lurkerza

^^This.

People are quick to slam crossfit and what the chicks look like and how bad/dangerous it is.

But the way the workouts are structured have such a massive impact on your day to day life.

The weights are not important just as long as its challenging YOUR capabilities.

Exactly.. It comes down to the ego thing.

When I went to my first class I could do 2 unassisted pull ups... Now I can lots.

The truth is I have no desire to be 'big' but being strong and functional can only improve my life and all the other sports I do.

It has really made me appreciate the difference between being 'fit' and being 'strong'.

Super amped to get back into it on Friday!

This is a pic after an LMS event 2 years back

Me and many others looked a lot like that at "inter-varsity" every year.  :devil:  :devil:

Edited by IH8MUD

Murph - Lets not go there, its coming up soon.

Advice for murph - Just Survive.

This is easily the most brutal workout ever designed. Even without the weight vest in Rx.

1st mile should be an easy warmup pace

Pull ups - best done kipping and in sets (10x10)

Pace your push ups(don't go too fast, the arm pump will kill you)

Break the squats into manageable sets (you shouldn't struggle to finish the last few reps of your set) I did mine in sets of 25

The last Mile run is tough, like really tough. This is where the guys fail. Run/walk it 400m at a time

Here's an awesome article on training for it + pacing it:

https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/a-3-week-workout-plan-to-crush-murph

Edited by Jurgens Smit

How many people actually crossfit actively?

Would you like to share some of your benchmark workouts/pb's etc.?

I did for about 3 years, every day, loved every second of it.

Got up to 180kg x 2 max back squat

150kg front squat

200 deadlift

120 C&J

95 snatch

Fran 3:48

Grace 3:10

Isabel 3:20

Murph is my absolute favourite workout, did 50 mins

Last year I signed up for (this past April's) Ironman and just couldn't fit the two in together. So crossfit fell away, I've been watching every minute of the regionals and really miss it.

150kg front squat

200 deadlift

120 C&J

95 snatch

Last year I signed up for (this past April's) Ironman and just couldn't fit the two in together. So crossfit fell away, I've been watching every minute of the regionals and really miss it.

WOW, very impresive!

150kg front squat

200 deadlift

120 C&J

95 snatch

Awesome dude, that's some huge numbers.

You ever do Kong?

Awesome dude, that's some huge numbers.

You ever do Kong?

I was actually talking to someone about that the other day!

I have once, but I scaled it back. I generally avoid deadlifts because my back doesn't always agree with them.. 

I used 180kg for deads, and 110 for C&J, took 10:45

cool workout

This is a pic after an LMS event 2 years back

I'm not trying to turn this into a pissing contest. Just wanted to show a favourite photo of mine from back in the day, inspired by the previous photos. At the end of an Olympic (I think) decathlon 1500m, with his opponents collapsed on the track, Daley Thompson stayed on his feet. With a gold round his neck of course. Iconic......

post-77414-0-79248000-1496230607_thumb.jpg

I'm not trying to turn this into a pissing contest. Just wanted to show a favourite photo of mine from back in the day, inspired by the previous photos. At the end of an Olympic (I think) decathlon 1500m, with his opponents collapsed on the track, Daley Thompson stayed on his feet. With a gold round his neck of course. Iconic......

attachicon.gifDT.jpg

it does say a lot.

I go twice a week, Mon and Wed. Started last year March, post-Argus, and progress is slow, but least it is there.

No idea of my times for the few named workouts I've done, too busy dying to remember to check the clock...

Only one I'm sure about is deadlift: 140kg

Clean: about 80kg?

Snatch: 55kg-ish?

Ego was left at the door from just about the first class, after we sat watching some guy at the early class do a 110kg snatch and making it look easy - I couldn't deadlift that then.

The coolest feeling so far though has been watching my wife manage her first few kipswings, and this Monday her very first double-under :D

General question: 

How often and for how long would one need to attend crossfit per week to see decent results. 

My primary love is MTB, but I'm a lazy sack of **** when it comes to working out. Thinking Crossfit might be an option to get some more meat on my bones. 

General question: 

How often and for how long would one need to attend crossfit per week to see decent results. 

My primary love is MTB, but I'm a lazy sack of **** when it comes to working out. Thinking Crossfit might be an option to get some more meat on my bones. 

Define results:meat on the bone or Fitness, I would say 3 times a week and you should see some results after about a month, all depends on how you eat, My son 18yo, only picked up 3kg in 2 years but he can Squat double his body weight and do plenty of pull-ups and he out squats me when it come to overhead squats

Hmpf. Poor choice of words on my part. 

I don't want to be a meathead. Just well defined and strong; able to handle my own body weight well (i.e. lots of pull-ups, squats and so on). 

My answer is annoyingly vague, but that's kind of what I'm going for. 

Hmpf. Poor choice of words on my part. 

I don't want to be a meathead. Just well defined and strong; able to handle my own body weight well (i.e. lots of pull-ups, squats and so on). 

My answer is annoyingly vague, but that's kind of what I'm going for. 

Then Crossfit is for you, believe me you will be doing lots of it - Give it a try normally the boxes will give you a couple of sessions on the house.