Crossfit

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't the crossfitters just love their jargon. WOD, Amrap , Kipping , Fran , Pistols and a dozen others. Both my sons are involved in the sport . It is very ,very hard.

Dare I ask what is the box?

The chicks are usually quite voos but hot.

Will keep your attention for a while.

Perhaps you just need to ride bigger mountains or go down narly trails? Or run off road or through dodgy parts of town?

Anything will get boring unless you keep on pushing.

My 5 cents, Ive done Crossfit for around 3 years, is a nice alternative / crosstraining option, however does fatigue your muscles a lot, and this definitely affects cycling. However, what the people I train with have done is created a cycling specific cross training, which ties in certain crossfit movements / principals, however focuses on a lot of muscle balance type work, and everyone that has tried it has seen massive results! We train in fourways at Cedar Square, you might have seen us, training on the artificial skiing slope! If you in the area, come try it out, I guarantee it makes you stronger on the bike, and you notice a massive difference in your recovery times!!. PM me for more info if you keen.

You at CFSlam, Terence? Is Geraldine kicking ass there?

I was at 360Vida next door to Cedar Square until recently - good box, but that Fourways traffic is too much for me.

Hmm.... not so sure about this Crossfit thing. So what is it really? A sport? Sure, I also do a bit of resistance/weight training in support of my endurance sports, but I'm struggling to see how Crossfit can really be or become a serious "sport". For me the Crossfit Games just looks like bodybuilding "light"? Just look like a lot of people seeking attention. Sorry if I'm offending some guys/girls. Just not understanding this thing.

But ok, each to its own. And maybe I'm missing the point completely. But for me, thx, I'd stick to being a "real" Ironman.

Dare I ask what is the box?

My sons own Ivory in Florida. Their morning and night jobs.

Edited by Blokman

My sons own Ivory in Florida. Their morning and night jobs.

Was my box. Etienne and Erich are great guys. You raised some great boys sir.

Hmm.... not so sure about this Crossfit thing. So what is it really? A sport? Sure, I also do a bit of resistance/weight training in support of my endurance sports, but I'm struggling to see how Crossfit can really be or become a serious "sport". For me the Crossfit Games just looks like bodybuilding "light"? Just look like a lot of people seeking attention. Sorry if I'm offending some guys/girls. Just not understanding this thing.

But ok, each to its own. And maybe I'm missing the point completely. But for me, thx, I'd stick to being a "real" Ironman.

Why not try a few classes so you understand better. It's a training method that builds strength, co-ordination, speed and fitness in a social competitive environment.

I've done a couple of half ironman races along with all the training - triathlon must be the loneliest sporting discipline I've ever done - great if you have asberger's, not so much if you are wanting to have fun.

So after epic and j2c i got kinda "gatvol" of riding so looking into this crossfit thing. Found it very hard in the beginning but now I'm loving it.  I'm not doing heavy weights at all. Still try ride or run twice a week and feel my fitness hasn't changed much. Keep the weight light and you won't need so much recovery time but still see the results. 

Why not try a few classes so you understand better. It's a training method that builds strength, co-ordination, speed and fitness in a social competitive environment.

I've done a couple of half ironman races along with all the training - triathlon must be the loneliest sporting discipline I've ever done - great if you have asberger's, not so much if you are wanting to have fun.

I think you missed the point of his post. He isn't questioning the value or benefit of angry training, just whether it qualifies as a sport. Is going to the gym a sport? That's like calling golf a sport...

I think you missed the point of his post. He isn't questioning the value or benefit of angry training, just whether it qualifies as a sport. Is going to the gym a sport? That's like calling golf a sport...

Aaah, I see.

(I am not sure I would call it a sport either - except that there is no other way to describe it, especially in reference to the competition aspect)

• 1 year later...

Aaah, I see.

(I am not sure I would call it a sport either - except that there is no other way to describe it, especially in reference to the competition aspect)

Take sport in the schooling system:

Chess is classed as a sport

Computer gaming is classed as a sport

Gholf is classed as a sport

Ergo, I think it is fully justified to classify Crossfit as a sport.

I'm not saying it is the most fun thing to watch, but then again, the Blue Bulls are also not fun to watch, yet they are still called a sports team...