David George reduction in sanction

News bot

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of people here that support Dave and hate Dave. Yes he did wrong and to me, it doesn't matter what you chose to do, if its illegal, you need to bear the brunt of your actions.

That being said, I am not sure that one drug is worse than the other...how many of us have broken the traffic laws?? Not once, I don't believe you... The law is the law, not matter how small or big. If you break it, even just slightly, you have contravened!

He has served his time and I certainly hope he makes a good come back, without a sponsor and can show that he can still make a success and take some needed prize money. 

Jarryd who?

Awesome guy, strong silent type...so you wont see him tweeting about his gorilla lungs supplement sponsor. He does his talking on the trails. Came 2nd at j2c with Catherine Williamson in 2013...but with zero support. They slummed it in the tents.

For me personally if it is banned and you are caught with it in your system then you are done. It sets a president. And also is crystal clear then. You can't be a half cheat or a half doper. If things are black and white then it makes things easier.

there can never be just black or white, it's impossible. No matter where you draw the line in the sand guys will come up to it and get lumped in with the guys who were there in the first place.

If a CFO slips up in his professional capacity he goes to jail for fraud and never works with money again.

If a doctor slips up and makes a negligent mistake they get sued and will most likely lose their medical licence.

Engineer, same.

A "mistake" in this context is professional negligence at best, fraud at worst.

I same should apply to cycling, life time ban. 2 years is a joke, and reducing sentences is even more of a joke. Nothing will change if there are no consequences.

Whaaat? I said different drugs = different sanctions. Whats your take or is it easier to ask the questions than answer them?

Did you not say say ban them forever?

there can never be just black or white, it's impossible. No matter where you draw the line in the sand guys will come up to it and get lumped in with the guys who were there in the first place.

Why?....risk / reward....currently it is still worth risking it considering the consequence.

As long as there is money up for grabs they will dope.. not just cycling but all pro sport. They will find a shortcut somehow[emoji35]

Edited by Gen

Not surprised that this is a hot topic. DG is definitely the highest profile SA cyclist to be banned, and using EPO microdosed even post LA days is a big deal. 

Daryl Impey doesn't even come close, both in substance and result.