Hes done his time

I'm a big David George fan I look forward to watching his comeback

Go King George!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as there is money up for grabs they will dope.. not just cycling but all pro sport. They will find a shortcut somehow[emoji35]

Play Tennis.

get a 4 month ban for doping, come back and win US Open.

Different strokes for different folks ?

Have'nt read all the posts BUT...have any of you ever came 2nd or 3rd behind a known doper or a doper that's been caught out later??

I have ...and when you train your guts out amidst a hectic work schedule it only leaves one with feelings of anger and unforgiveness and NEVER will you NOT think ...is he still on dope or not?

So I cannot help but say NO..these guys must never be allowed to race again....this is actually a rather fruitless debate...

...just enjoy your cycling :)

The hearing bought his Bill Clinton "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" defense which makes him not guilty of doping as opposed to post by SwissVan claiming he was innocent. Impey was not innocent, if he was innocent he would not have not have had a case to answer, he took a masking agent but could explain how it got into his system. A bit like the stain on the little black dress.

Next time i will look post a sarcasm emotiocon

For the record i was seriously being facetious, as much as i like DI i have to admit to doing plenty of the suspicious head shake thing at the time...

Play Tennis.

get a 4 month ban for doping, come back and win US Open.

Different strokes for different folks ?

yawn, but seriously if you really want to look at US dopers that have a blind eye from the authorities then head your mouse over to here:

baseball

NFL

otherwise there is always the female athletics record books. Almost every entry below the 5000m is 20 years or older.

The beauty of it, the ex-doper will return after serving his ban & still kick your butt 9/10.

Sorry Milky....but I don't care if DG kicks my butt 10/10, what I do care about is the young talented cyclist who is now sitting in an office running admin because of some doper who stole his future. There are limited funds with regards to sponsoring athletes, when you have a doper who fills one of those positions at the detriment of another, I have a problem.

We cannot turn back time and rectify this, so the minimum sentence should be take what he stole - a cycling future. 

A reduction in ban is really sending the wrong message to the cycling community

Tch!

I appreciate your fanfare, Wuzzie

And he did not do his time hey

:huh:

No, he got 2 months reduction for, and I quote the CSA press release, "Cycling South Africa reports that David George has, as per the provisions in the SAIDS rules (Article 10.5.3 Substantial Assistance in Discovering or Establishing Anti-Doping Rule Violations), made application to SAIDS for a two-month reduction on his two-year sanction"

Maybe you should read before you condemn and post.  I know it's not popular on the hub but it is an important life skill,

Surely we should all support riders who provide info that helps catch the cheaters? In the most famous case of reward for providing info 1 guy got life and the witnesses got 6 months off season.  Except Horner who got nothing.

Do you really think 2 months off 24 months for talking is getting off?

Have'nt read all the posts BUT...have any of you ever came 2nd or 3rd behind a known doper or a doper that's been caught out later??

I have ...and when you train your guts out amidst a hectic work schedule it only leaves one with feelings of anger and unforgiveness and NEVER will you NOT think ...is he still on dope or not?

So I cannot help but say NO..these guys must never be allowed to race again....this is actually a rather fruitless debate...

...just enjoy your cycling :)

Yes I have and was only told this last week, instead of 4 gold medals at National track championship I now will be awarded a 5th in replacement off 1 of my 2 silvers medals. I would be quite willing trade all these medals for just 1 medal at world track champs next month - does not matter the color! Not particularly angry with Mr Short at the track championship event but I will never know if he was negative at SA road champs - he may have cost me the victory their a few months before track champs.

What does surprise me is why somebody would knowingly race on a stimulant. What even surprise me more is SAIDS cannot give an answer to certain product sold in RSA! Last week I sent them a email sighing a few product which I would like to know if legal or illegal - still no answer! One of the product I believe I was given in the Cycle tour goodie bag - Airmune. I was thinking of using it before traveling to Worlds in Manchester as I have a tendency to pick up "viruses / cold" on long haul flights.

I am not a doctor or a chemical engineer - personally I think the stimulant list is way too long and as Mr Short discovered, a product over the counter can land you with a 2 year ban. The drug list in my opinion should be not much longer than 10 items (we cannot even obey the Biblical 10 commandment) containing those items which definitely improve perform - EPO, Blood doping, Steroids etc

On the testing front, WADA need to design test (which can test beyond masking agents) for what they are trying to prevent sports people from using. For WADA / SAIDS to say caught because of a masking agent is almost a guilty as the sports person (my opinion) - design the test to catch the sports person for the drug not a masking agent! The test must be able to be good enough to test / see beyond a masking agent - yes easier said than done but is it impossible?

Sorry Milky....but I don't care if DG kicks my butt 10/10, what I do care about is the young talented cyclist who is now sitting in an office running admin because of some doper who stole his future. There are limited funds with regards to sponsoring athletes, when you have a doper who fills one of those positions at the detriment of another, I have a problem.

We cannot turn back time and rectify this, so the minimum sentence should be take what he stole - a cycling future.

That's a bit dramatic. If the " young talented cyclist" is that good, he's gonna make it anyway, whether dopers are around or not.

No, he got 2 months reduction for, and I quote the CSA press release, "Cycling South Africa reports that David George has, as per the provisions in the SAIDS rules (Article 10.5.3 Substantial Assistance in Discovering or Establishing Anti-Doping Rule Violations), made application to SAIDS for a two-month reduction on his two-year sanction"

Maybe you should read before you condemn and post. I know it's not popular on the hub but it is an important life skill,

Surely we should all support riders who provide info that helps catch the cheaters? In the most famous case of reward for providing info 1 guy got life and the witnesses got 6 months off season. Except Horner who got nothing.

Do you really think 2 months off 24 months for talking is getting off?

Thanx for that correction, carbon'.

Understood.

Just reward for disclosure.

It's easy to miss details whilst scrolling on a smartphone.

Please don't condemn me for that gap in life skills hey.

Edited by ' Dale

So let me understand its okay if I like you and you take drugs to perform, or come up with a reason that resonates with me, but absolutely not ok if I don't like you..?

Well that's what it sounds like to me.

And half the pro peleton that have been bust and come back ?

Any of you pay every single cent of every tax liability you have, or do you look to perhaps take advantage of any loopholes, maybe speed to often, or drink drive ?

If you do.. do you have a right to take a moral stance against athletes like 'David' and 'stone them' with absolute conviction ?

Is their cheating worse than yours because it known and yours not ?

Just asking for sake of it..

Can somebody PM me DG's number please...?

I'm keen to know how he aided SAIDS... I'm sure I can lend them a hand in something. I have some pretty good ideas/theories on what they should be testing for.. I'd really like to do a sub 5 hour 94.7 before my 24 months is up...

The Hoff - Doped, co-operated fully, 6 month slap on the wrist, DG - Ultra doped, 2 month reduction, Owen Hannie - Doped, TV Personality, team ABSA staple team member.

All pro's at the time of their 'busts'.

Jeez man, as a fully co-operative, immediately admitting, weekend hacker they should just let me off with a free pair of socks and a water bottle... And a personal invite from Kevin Vermaak back into The Epic.

Can somebody PM me DG's number please...?

I'm keen to know how he aided SAIDS... I'm sure I can lend them a hand in something. I have some pretty good ideas/theories on what they should be testing for.. I'd really like to do a sub 5 hour 94.7 before my 24 months is up...

The Hoff - Doped, co-operated fully, 6 month slap on the wrist, DG - Ultra doped, 2 month reduction, Owen Hannie - Doped, TV Personality, team ABSA staple team member.

All pro's at the time of their 'busts'.

Jeez man, as a fully co-operative, immediately admitting, weekend hacker they should just let me off with a free pair of socks and a water bottle... And a personal invite from Kevin Vermaak back into The Epic.

his contacts,

Good luck with the reduction.

http://thegearchange.com