News bot

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eldron

I disagree

You think that Nolan gave the full story....and that David did not....no-one knows for sure

Nolan did a bit more than the patch...IF he was realy struggling with an injury why not just apply for a TUE?

You have been VERY outspoken against DOPING now you say the one is more wrong than the other...surely then Brandon was not that wrong either in your eyes? Or are you being hipocritical?

To get EPO is as easy as getting Voltaren ....

If EPO is as easy to get as Voltaren then I'm a bit naive or you're a bit too connected!

I said EPO is more wrong than Testosterone - so testosterone is still wrong. Which means I think that Brandon is wrong. Brandon getting a longer sanction for testosterone than David George for EPO strikes me as VERY wrong...

Perhaps I am just EPOphobic from the whole Lance thing but getting caught for an ephidrine laced 'flu medication and taking EPO just isn't in the same league for me.

If EPO is as easy to get as Voltaren then I'm a bit naive or you're a bit too connected!

I said EPO is more wrong than Testosterone - so testosterone is still wrong. Which means I think that Brandon is wrong. Brandon getting a longer sanction for testosterone than David George for EPO strikes me as VERY wrong...

Perhaps I am just EPOphobic from the whole Lance thing but getting caught for an ephidrine laced 'flu medication and taking EPO just isn't in the same league for me.

So in your eyes Nolan is now ok?

TBH, I was a big DG fan. He was our only hope in the first Tour of South Africa, but MTN railed him in on a day where he could've gained enough time to pass Christian House, but alas. I'll never forget it, I'm still bleak about it. 

The news of him being caught for doping, with EPO, was a bit of a shock. Didn't think that stuff were used locally, esp because of the consequences, ie death.

I'm still canceling my MTN contract.

My face value view. It's like parole .If SAIDS said DG is clear , 2 months early, then he's clear. End of. Sentence served. Each one of us will decide for ourselves how loudly we will cheer him on in his next event though. Me, I'll cheer. Good luck Dave.

To get EPO is as easy as getting Voltaren ....

Where? I would like to see what the fuss is about. I see you can buy it from Canada, but its 1200 dollars for 12 syringes!!

So in your eyes Nolan is now ok?

Ok is a relative thing. I won't support Nolan because of his doping history - I won't support David or Brandon either. If I was a team owner I would not employ any of them.

So in your eyes should all ex dopers be welcomed back into racing with open arms once they've completed their sentence? Regardless of drug choice and number of busts?

In your eyes should ALL drugs carry the same sentence?

Is this the start of a comeback reuniting with KE...they were a good combination but doubt which sponsors will want to support such a team, or will they both be cycling promoting their own stores

I doubt it. Remember KE lost his nedbank 36one sponsorship because of DG doping and had to get thrown a lifeline by Fedgroup.

He took some naughty muti to help him get better quicker. I think he's been punished enough and has come back with the right attitude.

So he was only half guilty, much like Oscar! Edited by Greybeard

I didn't expect him to come back. Especially at his age. 35, I think? Really interested to know why.

I think he is, at that age, still a good bike racer.

Remember Lance made his comeback at 38