Assisted Suicide By Bike

patches

Could never be a passenger. After the first attempt of trying to skip a robot I would of klapped the oak in front of me that didnt know if he is coming or going. Might need to stop first. Dont wanna klap him then go down in the middle of the intersection.

Why hit a tree when you could have klapped the oke at the front of the tandem??

:ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could never be a passenger. After the first attempt of trying to skip a robot I would of klapped the oak in front of me that didnt know if he is coming or going. Might need to stop first. Dont wanna klap him then go down in the middle of the intersection.

I like you avatar. At first glance I thought I posted something without my knowledge.

since when does the fact that something is stupid/wrong/illegal/etc stop people from doing said stupid/wrong/illegal/etc things? People do doff stuff and generally don't change their behavior unless they learn the hard way.

Problem is, in the real world of cycling, this can cost you your life.

I'm pretty sure they were on the Tom Hanks diet or whatever that meat eating one is called.

Does that spice it up for you?

Or do you still need more...

Tom Hanks diet - buwhahahahahaha :w00t:

Need more, can't we crowbar something else in here? Hubbers are not biting, where is the tandem authority when you need him?

That time on a Friday on William nicol - must be cyclescabs...

Problem is, in the real world of cycling, this can cost you your life.

If you look at the way South Africans act on the road (in cars and on bikes), mere death is not a deterrent to being a chop.

I go through red robots all the time!!

I'm not blind, I can see if a car is coming and I have more than enough power in the legs to get out of the way if one is on it's way!! 

It must hurt like mad .

http://www.littlelostrobot.com/images/little_red_robot052206.jpg

Please show me an incident where a cyclist was knocked over because of doing a slow and go at a red light?

So you first want someone to be injured or killed?

Please show me an incident where a cyclist was knocked over because of doing a slow and go at a red light?

Please show me an incident where someone was injured juggling chainsaws blindfolded whilst standing in a crocodile enclosure with slabs of raw meat taped to their legs? You can't? I'll just go right ahead and do it then.

Please show me an incident where someone was injured juggling chainsaws blindfolded whilst standing in a crocodile enclosure with slabs of raw meat taped to their legs? You can't? I'll just go right ahead and do it then.

It is a fair question, so try to answer without being snide. 

Personally I see the reality for safe cycling commuting is often a, yielding slow and go. 

It's not legal no, but it is an indication for the traffic laws to be looked at.

Aus, UK and a number of countries have been doing studies on just this as the the understanding is that it allows for a cyclist to create a safer separation from motorised traffic at intersections and cyclists and pedestrians do have a better spatial awareness.

Only at certain intersections and times though.

So there is merit around the argument. www.juca.org.za have some great research material and studies. 

Funny how cyclists always say how they run the red only when safe and no cars around, yet there are often threads from witnesses of similar incidents.

Like forest gump's mama used to say "stupid is as stupid does "