Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying a Google certified device made my life a lot easier. We had a cheap Chinese box before (MXQ). Ended up getting the Ematic which has a mic in the remote for voice search. I can't remember the last time I used a keyboard. Does feel weird talking to your remote though.......

Yes when voice works it's great, I've found the apple tv to work brilliantly. The xiaomi sometime hit and miss

I have the Xiaomi Mi box and have the Sky News app installed. This morning I was told that there is an update but am told that my device is incompatible.

Anybody else have this problem?

And while I'm about it, does anybody else have the problem with the Google Play store on the device not being the same as on an ordinary Android phone? It operates very differently and does not show anywhere near the same number of apps.

Has anyone found a decent way to watch the TdF this year on a streaming service?

The pirate streams are pretty much a waste of time and my Roku isnt playing along with ITV this year.

Has anyone found a decent way to watch the TdF this year on a streaming service?

The pirate streams are pretty much a waste of time and my Roku isnt playing along with ITV this year.

What's also weird is that the DSTV Now App I have been using successfully for a long time already suddenly fell over this weekend. Seems allot of people on social Media have similar issues.

Thus I am also forced to go the alternative streaming route.

Tiz Cycling works well.

Edited by Vetplant

What's also weird is that the DSTV Now App I have been using successfully for a long time already suddenly fell over this weekend. Seems allot of people on social Media have similar issues.

Thus I am also forced to go the alternative streaming route.

Tiz Cycling works well.

Yup DSTV are being sneaky about it and introducing random old devices back on to people's profiles which means others cant be added. 

Its something that happens around major sporting events and is always passed off as "technical problems"

Why isn't ITV working. Might be your VPN? To me ITV4 is definitely the easiest

Using Mobdro on android box and watching on ITV4

Edited by shaper

Get a media streamer like the Xiaomi Mi box. Native smart TV apps stop working because their software are generally not updated alongside the apps run on it. Once an app needs to update down the line it might not be compatible with the current operating system. 

Google's media players at least provide updates for their systems.

Netflix is back. One happy Mrs. She can carry on binge watching Orange is the New Black.

I have the Xiaomi Mi box and have the Sky News app installed. This morning I was told that there is an update but am told that my device is incompatible.

Anybody else have this problem?

And while I'm about it, does anybody else have the problem with the Google Play store on the device not being the same as on an ordinary Android phone? It operates very differently and does not show anywhere near the same number of apps.

The Google play well be setup for apps for the tv only.. So you will not see a lot of apps built for phones

• 1 month later...

Recommend a DNS / VPN service please.

I've been using SmartDNS for a while now, i dont know if its good or bad, cant really say.

But got an email earlier that my subscription has now expired, so instead of just hitting the subscribe button I though I'd check if there was anything better / cheaper / ??? out there.

I used NordVPN for about 2 years and I was really happy with it. On phone,tablet,laptop is worked great but I couldn't use it on my Apple TV and I couldn't  get the installation to work on Linux either. 

I'm also in the market for a good VPN that adds DNS settings to your router.

I'm tired of what Netflix passes off as good content in South Africa. Even if I enjoy Braai Master a lot. 

Recommend a DNS / VPN service please.

I've been using SmartDNS for a while now, i dont know if its good or bad, cant really say.

But got an email earlier that my subscription has now expired, so instead of just hitting the subscribe button I though I'd check if there was anything better / cheaper / ??? out there.

I’m waiting for the Black Friday specials for Nord VPN, hopefully a 2yr deal for $3.71 (current offer). Up to 6 devices can be connected. I use it for the Tour this year, and worked like a charm.