I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

Indeed R, the facts presented so far show many discrepencies. I too am more in Wil's camp for those same reasons, but how can anyone have open lines of communication and get to  workable resolution for both parties when they have to first swim through all the public opinion that has been spewed all over the site in the past 2 days???

TH Lisa and Martin closed any lines of communication when they said they will not be refunding the money and they didn't crack the biike so they will not be doing a warranty claim 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

I agree, this forum is not the appropriate thread. I fear that since Lisa's personal details have been made public that you get legal advice since personal details + Threats against body places her in a difficult position that thehubsa is aiding.

It appears people have forgotten about proper course of justice and hearing both sides of a story.

I feel the mods have to be far tougher when applying the forum rules because this place far beyond out of hand. Its become a microcosm of SA society.

Omega Man, I completely get where you're coming from.

I would like to know why that thread was allowed to continue and to fall apart in the way it did. 

At the end of the day the seller was thrown to the wolves. It should not have gone that way. I fully agree with what Omega Man said and I feel the same to be honest. 

This forum is run (ruined) by a few and people frown and spit when "The Hub" is mentioned during conversations. 

This whole incident just confirms it...

The matter needs to be resolved, but yesterday proved that this forum is not an appropriate channel for it. No constructive resolution will come from this. 

In all respect, you gave her a chance to state her case, and most of it was lies. And I have proof of that. No I can't do the same? I'm not going to post what I think she said or she think I said, but that was actually said. 

Recorded voice calls and proof of smses and whats app messages. After a thread that had many people comment and find interest in, I think I owe them that.

Lisa shafted me and did not want to own up to her mistakes

"For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?"

What does this have to do with anything?

Very similar to that Noel chap, racing in road and mtb leagues...

As been mentioned, so im a better rider that automatically makes me a better person... #BS

The matter needs to be resolved, but yesterday proved that this forum is not an appropriate channel for it. No constructive resolution will come from this. 

This is a tough one. Let me just say I have huge respect for the way you deal with issues like this and all your interactions with hubbers.

Many accusations were made against Wil yesterday and perhaps you should allow him to clear his name? He was accused of using the bike for a stage race and lying about it which is rather serious.

I agree that everybody else's 2 cents on the subject is not going to help but it doesn't sit right with me that he can't clear his name.

TH Lisa and Martin closed any lines of communication when they said they will not be refunding the money and they didn't crack the biike so they will not be doing a warranty claim 

Yip fabes...indeed. The kicker is that THEY created the expectation with their ad, they even attached a price that corresponds with that expectation. From a legal point of view I reckon it will be very hard for wil, being voetstoots and all that to get a solution. This however doesn't mean he is in the wrong. 

I would like to know why that thread was allowed to continue and to fall apart in the way it did. 

At the end of the day the seller was thrown to the wolves. It should not have gone that way. I fully agree with what Omega Man said and I feel the same to be honest. 

This forum is run (ruined) by a few and people frown and spit when "The Hub" is mentioned during conversations. 

This whole incident just confirms it...

Put your money where your mouth is and name them.

Go and have a look in that thread who actually "threatened" the lady

Those are facts that not everyone posting here knows, yet everyone is putting flames to their spears and readying the stakes. How many people posting have heard the recordings personally?

More importantly is any of that appropriate for this site and putting out into the public domain or does that shut down any intention the other party has to do the right thing and man up to the situation? What is the desired result? To fix the situation or burn the guilty party to the ground and by public conviction ruin every aspect of their lives?

Hasn't this now reached a point where he feels he has to show his story is correct?

This thread is going to go South quicker than a sailor on Shore leave.

As far as on line forums are concerned the Hub is still pretty tame, and it provides a conduit for turning the proverbial wheel.

Dont rip people off !

In all respect, you gave her a chance to state her case, and most of it was lies. And I have proof of that. No I can't do the same? I'm not going to post what I think she said or she think I said, but that was actually said. 

Recorded voice calls and proof of smses and whats app messages. After a thread that had many people comment and find interest in, I think I owe them that.

Lisa shafted me and did not want to own up to her mistakes

I am sorry I would be fuming if I was you right now!

Matt you let that thread get to where it got and now Wil6 who started a very valid thread cannot rectify what was said yesterday all because Myles Kelsey called you and assured you the bike wasn't sold with a crack.

Edited by fabes