Statement regarding alternative routes for 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does that say we go over Constantia Nek? in 2002 & 2003 i dont recall going over Constatia Nek.

We didn't. All the way back to the foreshore on the M3.

Any detour will be over OKW and back on the M3. OKW will definitely spice things up in terms of a long climb as it is 6.6km Cat 3 with avg 4.3%. The wind will be interesting as a SE over 30kph is predicted. With a possible South Easter over next few days the fire might turn back to Hout Bay and burn itself out.

No chance of them canceling the race. People have booked flights, accommodation and a lot of them are foreigners who will lose out big time.

Most foreigners will have taken out travel insurance. 

No chance of them canceling the race. People have booked flights, accommodation and a lot of them are foreigners who will lose out big time.

If the fire is not completely out and any smoldering areas remain, it would be reckless to close any roads that the emergency services may need.

Calling off the race may become a formality

Edited by WalterWhite

Cancellation is not going to happen. Wow, some real nanny pants here. Worse case they will go out on n1 the n7 some visserhoek and back.

More chance of lance being given back his seven titles than the CTCT being cancelled.

Edited by Pure Savage

Cancellation is not going to happen. Wow, some real nanny pants here. Worse case they will go out on n1 the n7 some visserhoek and back.

More chance of lance being given back his seven titles than the CTCT being cancelled.

N1 and N7 closures will not happen.  Not this late in any case.  Too much planning required.

Question: How will this affect the Cape Epic Prologue?[/quote

Damn that's a good question

I'm here for a 3week holiday. Obviously, the CCTCT is a highlight and i really want it to go through. But I'm confident the organisation woud only cancel after serious contemplation and if there's no other option. There's no one to blaim for this

N1 and N7 closures will not happen.  Not this late in any case.  Too much planning required.

I would imagine that the CTCT organisers would have planned for all scenarios and have various contingency routes in place. I think given the timeframe, the execution thereof would be the problem.

Unless it jumps over Constantia nek road I don't think it will. You should worry about the Grabouw side though. Heard that fire is also bad. Need to just wait and see over the coming days.

Well, 2013 we rode im Citrusdal in burned down areas, so prologue can go on! Just some of the harsh elements of the Epic. Heard on the radio that Houwhoek is also burning badly. Prologue and stage one and two of the Epic will be hot, ashy and bedompig!

Looking forward to Argus weekend, no matter what route they throw at us, its about spending time with family this time round.

O, and some sushi buffet Sat afternoon at Sake in Sable Square..... Who's joining???

Have you considered a route that takes us out on the N1, past Milnerton on to the R27 and then back to Cape Town and over Kloof Nek into Camps Bay and to the finish