Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

I'm busy prepping a BMX for Sunday.  Going to earn my beers at the end!  

The bike has a 9T rear sprocket!!

I'll be in a Nedbank shirt on a red Mongoose - if you're on the sidelines and see me, pull me over for a drink  :clap:

Going for a lekka social ride

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear L***

Please note that despite the reduced distance on Sunday, we unfortunately cannot allow anyone to ride the route twice or to reuse any portion of the route to get home afterwards.

All emergency services have already been fully stretched this week as a result of the fires.  We appeal to you minimise their already difficult task by not congesting the route more than it already will be.

Many of you will be finishing before others have even started.  Please allow those riders to enjoy the route in the same way you did.

Thank you for your understanding

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

Jip. I will be one of the thousands cycling over to Houtbaai. Is it still possible/ advisable? I am struggling for an idea to show my solidarity (Fireman's' helmet is not an option) - suggestions?

I have to admit I don't know anything about whether it's possible or not. What route would you be taking? Must be over Constantia Nek. I could ask a mate of mine who lives there what the restrictions are. How do you know thousands are riding to Hout Bay?

Just had a thought. If Constantia Nek is not part of the race route and is open to traffic while the race goes down the Blue route it will be full of traffic and would be a bunfight. I wouldn't think it advisable to ride that but perhaps you have information that I don't?

Glad to see that my second lap money will be donated to a worthy cause

Dear Escapee

Please note that as a result of the change to the route you will no longer be allowed to ride the route twice on Sunday.  Anyone doing so will be disqualified.

If you would like your entry fee for the second lap to be refunded, you may contact the office next week and request a refund.

If you do not request a refund by the end of next week, your full entry fee will be donated to the VWS/SANParks Firefighting Relief Fund.

Edited by escapee..

Glad to see that my second lap money will be donated to a worthy cause

Dear Escapee

Please note that as a result of the change to the route you will no longer be allowed to ride the route twice on Sunday.  Anyone doing so will be disqualified.

If you would like your entry fee for the second lap to be refunded, you may contact the office next week and request a refund.

If you do not request a refund by the end of next week, your full entry fee will be donated to the VWS/SANParks Firefighting Relief Fund.

http://procrasti-nation.eu/wp-content/uploads/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Just about to head off and go register - actually feeling very excited about the vibe on Sunday!!! And the extra couple of cold one's on Saturday night!!! This is going to be like no other Argus and reckon we are all fortunate to be riding...  :D

Jip. I will be one of the thousands cycling over to Houtbaai. Is it still possible/ advisable? I am struggling for an idea to show my solidarity (Fireman's' helmet is not an option) - suggestions?

Have you got anything red you can wear? If it's old and trashed take a permanent marker to it! Write something on the back as a shout out to the firemen!

Edited by Tubehunter

"Argus Vibe" slowly but surely getting re-established, well done!

Going to be there with Bright Yellow Helmet, Captain America Top, a Jean Pant, and Classic Red Racer. ohh and shiney blue sunglasses.  

Now that is a right royal COP OUT ! and VERY VERY disappointing !

Shows complete lack of planing

Very nice, yes. Shows a lot of character.

(And no, I'm not gonna sift through all of the 51 pages to try and find the much expected justification...).

Edited by Karooryder