FTP - whats yours?

Jay_B

You okes must just ride on your own!! :eek:

Agreed. Time trial only for them. Or tie someone from one of the last batches to them so they have something to tow around.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can come for a ride with me, last test I did was 302w @ 58kg :devil:  (in 3 months when I'm back to normal)

Flip, That is good you must be riding elite level then as this elite level figures for South Africa. You may not win that many , as the races tend to end in sprints here but good figures.

fml.... :eek:

never attempting a race with you in the mix

The more I see the less inclined I am to ever publicize my meagre numbers and even worse knowing that genetically I probably could improve by 0.000576% if I tried 'hard' *FML*

1 of the reasons I have not purchased a Stages yet. I don't think I will get any beneficial use when on the road as I just don't have the roads in my area to allow me to do repeats of any sort.

I do have a Cycleops Fluid2 and train on that with virtual power which I quite enjoy.

Strength training comes from doing hill repeats. You should have plenty of those in your area.

Where I stay, there are no hills long enough to do 3x 10min, so have to settle for 6-8x 5-min at 50rpm.

Flip, That is good you must be riding elite level then as this elite level figures for South Africa. You may not win that many , as the races tend to end in sprints here but good figures.

Jip, more of a MTB marathon rider.

Normally finish in the top 25 elites (I'm a "spoke" for a reason 188cm) at the big road races I can get to.

Got a top 30 at SA Champs this year 160km.

255 W = Max Avg Power (20 min)
247 W = Normalized Power
420.1  = Training Stress Score
3,497 kJ = Work
161 bpm = Avg HR

Got my FTP up to 313W at 78kg but is becoming extremely hard to improve. Any tips? Mixing road training in week days with the odd Wattbike Session and then more MTB over weekends.

Got my FTP up to 313W at 78kg but is becoming extremely hard to improve. Any tips? Mixing road training in week days with the odd Wattbike Session and then more MTB over weekends.

Just ride your bike, have fun and the rest comes with consistency and time in the saddle

Drop kgs

You okes must just ride on your own!! :eek:

Nope if you want to feature in races you need to get down to 70kg and at least an FTP of 330 so that is a 20min power of 350+

A bit easier said than done but agree!!

easier than upping the watt side of the equation.

Has anyone know why I'd be putting out more power on my road bike VS my mountain bike? I used both on the road and there is probably a 40-50watt difference in power. I'm not sure if anyone has answered this in the 20 000 previous comment  :ph34r:

Has anyone know why I'd be putting out more power on my road bike VS my mountain bike? I used both on the road and there is probably a 40-50watt difference in power. I'm not sure if anyone has answered this in the 20 000 previous comment  :ph34r:

Are the measurements accurate?

sure, only if I am allowed to bring a two stroke ktm...

Maybe I am just hondsleg :)

Hehehehe ????