Re Spray by Bogus Designs

This post came across my time line. As many have said, people have off days which is understandable, giving a client sub-standard work, maybe not so understandable. Anyway Jared at BMC Cape Town does incredible paint work and carbon repairs, he is a perfectionist and will not give a client sub-standard work when he has made a mistake. All paint no stickers perfection.

Well this is certainly an interesting way to get your post account open.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This post came across my time line. As many have said, people have off days which is understandable, giving a client sub-standard work, maybe not so understandable. Anyway Jared at BMC Cape Town does incredible paint work and carbon repairs, he is a perfectionist and will not give a client sub-standard work when he has made a mistake. All paint no stickers perfection.

Swak, Bru

That's not Jared. Although Jared does do amazing work., certainly not the place to post this....

Yeah I agree, unfortunately Jared through no fault of his own, has had a pretty poor introduction in my opinion.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Hey all, no I am not Jared and I don't usually post on forums as I find people go off and the abuse is often ridiculous. Anyway apologies if I offended anyone. As I said I don't usually post on forums, this just came across my time line so I thought I would comment. Thank you for the schooling on how to respond appropriately, once again apologies, lesson learnt.

Hey all, no I am not Jared and I don't usually post on forums as I find people go off and the abuse is often ridiculous. Anyway apologies if I offended anyone. As I said I don't usually post on forums, this just came across my time line so I thought I would comment. Thank you for the schooling on how to respond appropriately, once again apologies, lesson learnt.

no worries Jared...

we encourage and look forward to you being more interactive on bikehub

So while I am being schooled on how to reply on forums. Is it because that was my first post, so I don't have any "street cred" or is it inappropriate that I mention Jared at BMC on a Bogus Design post? Honestly I want to know the etiquette so I don't make the mistake again 

Babse, do you really think I am Jared who created my profile 6 years ago so that I could wait and reply for the first time to a post like this, punting my own work. Oh sorry maybe I should cross this out...

So while I am being schooled on how to reply on forums. Is it because that was my first post, so I don't have any "street cred" or is it inappropriate that I mention Jared at BMC on a Bogus Design post? Honestly I want to know the etiquette so I don't make the mistake again 

Babse, do you really think I am Jared who created my profile 6 years ago so that I could wait and reply for the first time to a post like this, punting my own work. Oh sorry maybe I should cross this out...

There is no such thing a etiquette on Bikehub. No matter what you say, somebody will have a pitch fork waiting to stab you in the back and hit you over the head with the bloodied end. For every guy hitting you, there will be another guy fighting for you.

You need a thick skin here. Today someone will hate you, tomorrow that same guy will be your friend. It's what happens when people hide behind pseudonyms.

Post away.

Rock and roll - don’t take it too seriously. As someone said, okes can be blunt and some argue just for the fun of it, but this is mostly the internet, not real life, so I wouldn’t lose any sleep about it. Generally good guys and girls as you have no doubt seen if you’ve been in the background.

Honestly, the only thing I can think that was vaguely offensive was that you advertised your mate's work on a thread dedicated to bogus (who is seen as a deity on bikehub, for good reason). That and, in the context of some controversial discussions that happened recently regarding a job he did, you may have been having a bit of a dig at him. ie: your mate would never release sub-standard work.  

Wrap all that up in a first post and you're almost guaranteed an overreaction here on bikehub. You see there's a long history of people coming here either to praise or rant about something and unleashing all of that in a first post, often never to be seen again. Many times it comes across as some kind of guerrilla marketing eg: "OMG This bike shop is so great guys, you should all shop here.." - a first poster that does this is immediately assumed to be somebody that works there and is trying to promote the brand. People who have been on the hub for years have seen this many times and much of the same sarcastic rhetoric comes out each time. 

Unless I've missed something, all you really did "wrong" was rave about your mate's work in the wrong place. Not really serious.

Normally the banter is pretty good here. Stick around.   

Dont stress about it ....

I LOVE Bogus's artwork !

When time came to have a frame resprayed we exchanged a few emails .... in the end I went with a different painter.

I wont ever bad mouth Bogus, even though I went with a different painter.  Still love staring at his artwork !!

As for "my painter" .... happy enough with their work that I started a new thread to display their work.  Many others have added their pics to that thread.  But NO, I wont post a link to that thread here ... simply bad taste.

PS - during my search I got some rave reviews about Jared !

We are spoilt for choice !!  Many GOOD painters !!

Morning Jared's friend............. or do we call you Angus? Either way, I am just posting here to get my post count up because I want some street cred.

Just kidding, street cred doesn't really work like that here. We get to know guys here by the way they post and the kind of things they say. So for your first post to be basically an insult to someone that has a long history with bikehub, it will rub some people up the wrong way. That post would have been fine had it been on a thread where someone was asking for someone in the area that does carbon work. Your placement and timing was just a bit off. Now you have 3 posts, lets get to know you by getting that post count up. There have been plenty guys who have had atrocious first posts and then 10/20 odd posts down the line they actually seem decent.

You know what guys, dont be too hard on the one post wonder... As the saying goes haters will hate... 

It is what it is, not everyone will always be liked and also not all ones followers are always your fans...

But at the end of the day how we handle things is what makes us stand out above the rest.... I for one will always paint and be around bicycles. As i told someone earlier in the week i was 4 years old (jip thats the honest truth) when i painted my 1st object, at 10 painted my 1st bicycle and from there on and through most of my career i have almost always been involved with paint. Age 4 was also coinsidently the age i started riding my dad's old dikwiel haha with my legs magled through the frame and underneath the top tube but i rode it... So the moral of the story I have been around bicycles and paint for a good 40 years of my 45 years on this earth and i will be around them for as long as my health allows and i will create art as long as my love for it persist.

Some will like it and some wont but thats life and anyone has their right to an opinion but people should learn to respect one another. At the end of the day we all just want our little piece under the sun. So enjoy bicycles, enjoy life and ride safely and have a good holiday season  :blush:

Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by BogusOne

Well said. As the saying goes... "You can please SOME of the people all of the time but you can't please ALL the people ALL of the time". I'm happy to fall into the former category.

I see what you did