New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

I still feel that it is BS.... 

Yes because i am not one of the lucky 5000, and have to wait for 2 oct. 

And as I have stated before, we only have 5 events for the year that I know of. And know I am maybe missing one because of the stupid lottery system.

I do my part on the bike, and now some fat ass who wants to try the argus, who will not even make it to simonstown will have a spot.  

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - some ways to mess with the system:

1.) I called and they reckon you will get credit for Arguses completed, so that made me feel better.

2.) What to do with the wife who has done 4 to my 15? Put her on the tandem and enter as a tandem.

That works as we do have  a tandem and are planning to ride it (again) on a tandem.

But if you really wanted to screw with the system enter as a tandem with both of you on the bike and then unlink the entries later.

BTW - at least this is a little bit better than the keyboard and mouse lottery it degenerated in to when it crashed all the ISP's hosting it as there were 33900 keyboard jocks all hitting enter and overwhelming the servers,  it was pretty random anyway.

And for all the crying and gnashing of teeth, there will be entries open closer to the date as the keyboard warriors realise what 113km around the Cape Peninsula looks like and retire hurt with their Klippies and Cola.

I'm a PeePee-Ay member and didn't get in

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

Sheeeeesh Dale, I would have thought your 44566 posts here on the Hub would have counted for something ...... just kidding. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

I'm a PeePee-Ay member and didn't get in

Weird hey

I'll try to enter later

Maybe put on some Saxo-Tinkoff kit and kick some office doors down at the CTCT offices?

BTW, I am also PPA, and are now in the queue with the other Non-PPA plebs.  :blush:

Edit:  It will help if you can swear like Sagan too.  :ph34r:

Edited by Moridin

• 3 weeks later...

So when will we know if we have not received mail.

In all honesty I will be disappointed if not selected, but not angry. I cycle around the peninsula often, so I'm happy for cyclist, too nervous to do this on their own, to ride in the safety of numbers and support on the day! It isn't everyday that casual riders can appreciate this kind of ride. 

So when will we know if we have not received mail.

In all honesty I will be disappointed if not selected, but not angry. I cycle around the peninsula often, so I'm happy for cyclist, too nervous to do this on their own, to ride in the safety of numbers and support on the day! It isn't everyday that casual riders can appreciate this kind of ride.

Substitutions will always be aplenty come January.