ScottCM

I have no heartburn either.

But I have had sudden onset nausea and vomiting a few times, usually when pushing hard 4-5 hours into an event. 

Usually just a slight nausea and then the first heart rate spike when am nauseous and boom stomach decides to clear contents boom done. Then I have to fight for a few hours to restock and get back on track and even them I am behind the 8 ball.

I used to experience similar symptoms, much better since I started intermittent fasting during the week. It's like I have now trained my body to be better at burning fat reserves.

I know this is purely anecdotal.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join and do it, seems like a bit of fun and motivation for March/April next year, not that I generally need any motivation, but is something different. FAQ says there a goodie bag as well...... what's in the goodie bag?? :whistling:

My guess is that the goodie bag will consist of discount vouchers ($100 worth)... not holding my breath for anything worthwhile

Lekker - finals the weekend before Oceans, then we can taper!

That’s if they ever open the Two Oceans entries...

Round 1: gives kosmos 3-1, surrender hill 42, edenvale 42

Round 2: on die dam

Round 3: standerton 42 & jhb north city 42

Round 4 /semi finals : Jackie Gibson 42

Round 5 /Finals : potato pride 42, Arthur creswell 52, alan Robb 32, irene 48

Its the same as cycling.It does not really matter to me if my result is posted.

I have often forgotten my chip and raced  no worry.

As for the medal you dont have to take one.Ill have the T shirt thanks very much

Strava is the ONLY result that counts. 

I'll join and do it, seems like a bit of fun and motivation for March/April next year, not that I generally need any motivation, but is something different.  FAQ says there a goodie bag as well...... what's in the goodie bag??  :whistling:

Vouchers. Nothing physical. 

okay so after a very long time of not riding or running, I have started running. Not very fast, and keeping the pace very slow so that I can run 20 min. 

Question is why o why, would my shin muscle on the left leg start cramping???? 

I did not even know that that can cramp!!!

Lekker - finals the weekend before Oceans, then we can taper!

Was thinking the same, so already signed up and linked my garmin, now just train and run and have this running concurrently for fun

Often your knee will get sore but it's actually your hip causing the issue. Shin splints? Maybe just take it a bit slower?

Used to get all these small niggles until I started shape class at the gym, lot's of squats, getting your leg muscles stronger as well as your core.

okay so after a very long time of not riding or running, I have started running. Not very fast, and keeping the pace very slow so that I can run 20 min. 

Question is why o why, would my shin muscle on the left leg start cramping???? 

I did not even know that that can cramp!!!

I used to experience similar symptoms, much better since I started intermittent fasting during the week. It's like I have now trained my body to be better at burning fat reserves.

I know this is purely anecdotal.

No thanks.

I don't want to mess with my cortisol levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2723024

I am  very much against any name brand or major diet, simple balanced meals in the volume that is required has always worked for me. The issue with all these fad diets is they do not last, you fail in the end, back to square one and then blow cash on the next new diet scheme. Wash rinse repeat. 

Know one guy in my club is training for comrades and is just running on average 80km a week every week. Will ask him. I honestly thought it was too soon for him to be putting on so many kms.

Edit. I only do half marathons right now. Not an expert at all.

All depends on what his goal is. If it's just a finish then 80km a week at this stage is almost certainly too much. If it's silver then it's a different story

All depends on what his goal is. If it's just a finish then 80km a week at this stage is almost certainly too much. If it's silver then it's a different story

Yes he is very serious. Two oceans half we were in the pen together and he was doing a super warm up while I just stood around.

Edited by Let's Ride

Yes he is very serious. Two oceans half we were in the pen together and he was doing a super warm up while I just stood around.

Being serious and being a silver runner are two different things!

Any advice for Morton`s Neuroma?

Looking for the cause, but probably just years of over use.

Did changes shoes 2 years back,from 10mm to 4mm drop.

Have you had this diagnosed by a medical expert?

Maybe try go back to 10mm and see if it improves

Never had it, but have my own foot issues similar to MN

Good luck

Edited by SwissVan

Maybe it was mentioned already - ODD returning to a clockwise direction:

We have had extensive consultation with traffic authorities to work on a solution to make sure runners are safe at all times. The solution that all parties agree on is to go back to the original route, and not the counter-clockwise route run over the last two years, this means that runners will be through the problem areas and into the residential areas sooner, making it easier for traffic marshals to control the flow of cars and ensuring runners' safety. 

Edited by Pieter-za