ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a self appointment hoofseun in our suburb with cctv cameras pointing to the road.

He phoned the cops on someone who was mowing the law on his sidewalk.

A lady got arrested (stuffed in the back of a police bakkie) in her boomed of road because someone in the road phoned the cops because she was outside her property.

So yea you do get assholes like that

Seems like the guvment are enjoying their new "powers". Edited by b-rad

We have a self appointment hoofseun in our suburb with cctv cameras pointing to the road.

He phoned the cops on someone who was mowing the law on his sidewalk.

A lady got arrested (stuffed in the back of a police bakkie) in her boomed of road because someone in the road phoned the cops because she was outside her property.

So yea you do get assholes like that

seems like those cameras are wanting to be sniped!!

but seriously, thats an infringement on your rights. is this oke a perv or pedo? you guys as neighbours need to start asking some questions

First run, longer than 5Km, in 6 weeks - felt like it would take forever to finish. Plan was to run at 6:30/Km, and I finished in 6:39. As hard as it felt, it still beats trying to make a plan at home.

This morning I went for 10km run and thought, why not do a half marathon? So I soldiered on.my last half marathon was 4 years ago and my longest run in the past 4 years was 12 km. Look like my nipples got softer!

post-5177-0-09042600-1588521183_thumb.jpg

First run, longer than 5Km, in 6 weeks - felt like it would take forever to finish. Plan was to run at 6:30/Km, and I finished in 6:39. As hard as it felt, it still beats trying to make a plan at home.

Did the first 10k run in weeks on Friday and it felt easy, though not fast. Skipped yesterday, but today's 10k felt like there was no fuel in the tank. I guess it's going to take a bit of time to get back.

Quite a few runners out in Fourways this morning, but I was disappointed by the number of cyclists riding in groups on Cedar Road. Social distancing, not much.

This morning I went for 10km run and thought, why not do a half marathon? So I soldiered on.my last half marathon was 4 years ago and my longest run in the past 4 years was 12 km. Look like my nipples got softer!

Oh shiiiiiiit!

Managed a comfortable 21km this morning, was doing it as part of the IM Virtual Race challenges. Legs felt surprisingly good. Happy to be out on the road again!

Made the mistake of hitting the mountain as soon as I could. I can walk properly today again. Even yesterday I was going down the stairs like somebody that did a marathon!

Strange how we get used to what we can do... and then 5 weeks pass. Despite still being fit, trail running is a different animal. 

Made the mistake of hitting the mountain as soon as I could. I can walk properly today again. Even yesterday I was going down the stairs like somebody that did a marathon!

Strange how we get used to what we can do... and then 5 weeks pass. Despite still being fit, trail running is a different animal. 

Which mountains did you hit? Private land?

I ive right at the foot of Muizenberg peak and could do amazing 30km loops on amazing trails within the 5km radius but unfortunately all 'Parks are closed.

I ive right at the foot of Muizenberg peak and could do amazing 30km loops on amazing trails within the 5km radius but unfortunately all 'Parks are closed.

Ask no questions, hear no lies...

I normally run trail almost exclusively. On Friday I hit the tar, did about 15ks and the next day I hurt like I did a 6 hour trail run! I put it down to harder surface and repetitive nature of road running. Been on the treadmill every day prior to level 4, but didn't prepare me for the tar!

Paarl mountain, just a hill in comparison to some of the stuff you run! We do have access to some of the mountain before we hit the reserve areas. On Friday we weren't quite so aware of the reserve being closed so did sortof venture into there slightly...

Paarl mountain, just a hill in comparison to some of the stuff you run! We do have access to some of the mountain before we hit the reserve areas. On Friday we weren't quite so aware of the reserve being closed so did sortof venture into there slightly...

I'm just jealous! 

I would usually summit all the peaks I can see from my bed every day. Now they just look at me teasingly....

I won't complain about the weird and wonderful rules which make little sense. I am grateful to be able to get out and pound the pavement and take the doggos with me. After all the Zwift I have lungs and fitness but my inside quads are taking strain with this weight bearing thing!

I'm just jealous! 

I would usually summit all the peaks I can see from my bed every day. Now they just look at me teasingly....

I won't complain about the weird and wonderful rules which make little sense. I am grateful to be able to get out and pound the pavement and take the doggos with me. After all the Zwift I have lungs and fitness but my inside quads are taking strain with this weight bearing thing!

Yo whats happening with your 200 miler?

Yo whats happening with your 200 miler?

It has officially been postponed until 2021, either in June or between August and October depending on the vaccine situation and regulations. 

It's definitely still happening as we stand, just a bit later than expected.

I'm bleak as I was feeling so strong before lockdown and was secretly hoping to race it race it at the pointy end.

We will see what 2021 brings. Otherwise all my generous donors get their money back!

It has officially been postponed until 2021, either in June or between August and October depending on the vaccine situation and regulations. 

It's definitely still happening as we stand, just a bit later than expected.

I'm bleak as I was feeling so strong before lockdown and was secretly hoping to race it race it at the pointy end.

We will see what 2021 brings. Otherwise all my generous donors get their money back!

Sorry bro, not all is lost but ja, it still sucks