ScottCM

Heard on the news that thanks to ASA and SABC, we will not see Omtom being broadcast this year...

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on the news that thanks to ASA and SABC, we will not see Omtom being broadcast this year...

What would be better: To not see OMTOM or to see OMTOM but Hlaudi Motsoeneng is back with free reins? [emoji1782]

That sucks. With me not running it this year I thought I could at least watch it. Any streaming options perhaps?

That sucks. With me not running it this year I thought I could at least watch it. Any streaming options perhaps?

Looking at the weather forecast there will more likely be raging torrent options.....

I see 15mm of rain predicted between 5 and 9am

Looking at the weather forecast there will more likely be raging torrent options.....

I see 15mm of rain predicted between 5 and 9am

So many conflicting weather reports. AccuWeather predicts no rain for race day. Just windy.

Guess we will find out during the run..

Loskop Ultra race report. Race started an hour late due to protest action. Sitting for more than an hour freezing my @ss off at the start was not fun. Had a good sub 5 hour run, but sitting in the car waiting to get out of Forever Loskop resort took forever (pun intended), only got out at 15:45!

Will not be running it again until they sort the traffic out. I also think they will definitely be protesting again next year.

but sitting in the car waiting to get out of Forever Loskop resort took forever (pun intended), only got out at 15:45!

Will not be running it again until they sort the traffic out. I also think they will definitely be protesting again next year.

Not nice :(   

I elected to make use of the bus, departed just before 14:00 and was back in Middelburg approx 14:45.  Pain free.

I always enjoy Loskop and will be back :)  

Edited by Pieter-za

So Capetonians, what does this mean? Saturdays weather report changed about 4 times the last couple of days. Should I pack a black bag?

post-734-0-92240300-1555310829_thumb.jpg

Quick question with regards to the Two Oceans, I'm coming from Blouberg side for the half marathon. Any recommendations as to where to park?

Anywhere you can squeeze your car in...(?) That's the way I usually go. I've given up very quickly on trying to pre-plan the parking. Unless there's somebody here with good ideas. I just usually stop in the suburbs area up from the start. Walk a bit there, walk a bit from the finish. 

Yeah, for sure.

Like I said earlier, I think the rough stat is 70% of finishers at Oceans and Comrades finish in the last hour or less. So that's 70% of the field that would essentially be struggling to finish the 'old' cut off times. 

I k ow it's not as simple as that, but I do think the extra time is one of the reasons both events sell out so quickly these days. 

It IS more achievable than it used to be, thus more people are willing to risk it to get the biscuit.

and then you go to new york.

cut off time is 10hours.

in 10 hours:

you could smash a half marathon.

monster a lunch special at the gastro pub.

klap a 10km.

go watch a movie.

then bring it home in a Barney suit.

Like I said earlier, I think the rough stat is 70% of finishers at Oceans and Comrades finish in the last hour or less. So that's 70% of the field that would essentially be struggling to finish the 'old' cut off times. 

2018 Comrades stats:

Mark Dowdeswell

@mrdowdeswell
50% of the field finished in the last 81 minutes and 8 seconds. (Median finish time was 10:38:52 in 2018.)

On another note, Wally Hayward Marathon (online) entries closes today for the 21 & 42.

http://wally.co.za/

Edited by Pieter-za