ScottCM

Thats a bloody lie[emoji23] Its longer than long and its the steepest hill Ive seen in my life. That said I am from the Free State.

The start was a litte hectic in the drizzle. Dodging E groupers and black bags wasnt fun. I felt great, Oceans was only part of my Comrades training so I never intended to go hard. Pace up until Ou Kaapse weg was about 5:45/5:50. Then the fun started. Luckily I could convince myself to do a run walk strategy up there, and it took me a good 40 mins to get to the top. The downhill was quite painful but atleast I made up time with a quick few kms.

After that I just kept things steady. Had a really painful left ITB from 50 onwards, Im sure its from all the camber running. Finished in 5h42.

Well done Mudsimus. I really felt the fomo this morning but am hopeful that the worst of my injury is behind me. Managed a steady 5:30ish pace long run this morning of about 23km’s so getting there slowly but surely.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4.55 min/k Frosty, well done! As a cyclist of 58 aiming for a sub 2 half at Skukuza (my one and only A race), my plan is to first get to about a 54 min 10k. I did 2.10 in my first half last year. Yus, but running is much harder than cycling. My best 5k is 27.30 so far

Happy with my first OMTOM and managed to run ALL the hills including OKW. Pre race my goal was a sub 6hr and executed my race as planned, official finish time 5:48hrs [emoji4]

Well Done

We must have been running together at some point

Couple of comrades ago lexx and I came in one after the other but never saw each other once during the day. You should put on Strava flybys and see if your paths crossed at all

Couple of comrades ago lexx and I came in one after the other but never saw each other once during the day. You should put on Strava flybys and see if your paths crossed at all

I can remember. We were almost right next to each other for most of the way. Lol

First half marathon and did 1 43. Wow. What a tough race. Need to do longer distances before my next half.

Normally do 10km with ease at a fast pace.

Very solid first 21k! Well done! What might help for the next one is to do the longer runs at a slower pace and then try do an interval session once a week where you're running at a faster pace (hill repeats or flatter intervals). Club time trials and Parkrun will also help.

Thats a bloody lie Its longer than long and its the steepest hill Ive seen in my life. That said I am from the Free State.

LOL :-)

I may be living in Jhb now but I'm a born and bred Capetonian. I know the hills quite well and my best sub 3 Argus went over Oukaapseweg.

WELL DONE

Very solid first 21k! Well done! What might help for the next one is to do the longer runs at a slower pace and then try do an interval session once a week where you're running at a faster pace (hill repeats or flatter intervals). Club time trials and Parkrun will also help.

Yeah. I run with a club but they do short runs during the week and I'm one of the faster runners in the club so normally try create a fast group.

Weekends they do longer runs but generally at a slow pace. Might need to try up that pace. (not that I joined many of those runs).

Used to be a very competitive cyclist and said I would just take this running easy and enjoy it with my Wife. She did a sub 2h30 with also a 10km being her longest run.

Edited by Let's Ride