ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no doubt.. The shoes helped and made a difference

That's the idea right? I mean that's the whole selling point and the reason why Nike got involved with the sub 2 attempts.

That's the idea right? I mean that's the whole selling point and the reason why Nike got involved with the sub 2 attempts.

Exactly.... Those shoes knocked 4 minutes off my mates 21.1 PB... That's a lot to attribute to training for an 80min half marathon runner

Make no doubt.. The shoes helped and made a difference

I firmly believe that you need the right shoes when running.  I for example have tried to run with other shoes, but I always go back to my trusty pair of Asics Nimbus.

That being said, I cant see how shoes can really make someone run faster on tar unless its got some soft of spring in the sole, or maybe wheels. 

IMHO shoes cant make you run faster, it can only make the run more comfortable.

I am just glad that I am so crappy that I couldn't care less about a R4,000 + carbon plate shoe or not.   The amount of money Nike for example spends on marketing surely pays off, because 95%? of these very expensive rides are on the feet of people that will not finish nowhere near a podium! 

They also gave Alberto Salazar a fair bit of money I think. But that's a different topic I guess

I firmly believe that you need the right shoes when running. I for example have tried to run with other shoes, but I always go back to my trusty pair of Asics Nimbus.

That being said, I cant see how shoes can really make someone run faster on tar unless its got some soft of spring in the sole, or maybe wheels.

IMHO shoes cant make you run faster, it can only make the run more comfortable.

These shoes serve to change your running form and propel you forward. If you run with a forward lean you run faster

These shoes serve to change your running form and propel you forward. If you run with a forward lean you run faster

Having run in a pair of 4% they definitely push you to what feels like a mid/fore foot strike when running, which in turn feels much easier.  What I also find is that my legs do not tire as quickly, I can hold my form on longer runs and recovery post race is much faster.  Ran in a pair at the CT marathon recently so can vouch for them over a marathon distance.  

Am sure the Next% will be better than the 4% and the ones used for the 1:59 challenge even better again.

Edited by shaper

For all the Kipchoge haters..????

So this 3:55 mile runner could go 1km at Kipchoge's pace. Would love to see what the armchair critics can do.

For all the Kipchoge haters..[emoji23]

So this 3:55 mile runner could go 1km at Kipchoge's pace. Would love to see what the armchair critics can do.

https://youtu.be/pQRY_YzmdEI

Ex 3:55 mile runner... Now retired from professional running.... But still... Yes....I know I couldn't run 1 mile at his pace

Ex 3:55 mile runner... Now retired from professional running.... But still... Yes....I know I couldn't run 1 mile at his pace

He is better than the average runner. It just puts this whole feat into perspective.

Betesfa Getahun.... Remember that name. 4th in the Amsterdam marathon. 21 years old. 10th fastest debut marathon time of all time just behind the incredible Bekele

So what you're saying is that if Kipchoge had scanned his parkrun barcode he could have been celebrated as the 5th fastest human to have ever walked the earth?

If thats what you want to take from it...