ScottCM

https://fourwaysreview.co.za/278806/graphic-content-42-year-old-female-jogger-and-fourways-resident-raped-in-a-ditch-on-kingfisher-drive-and-witkoppen-road/

Right on my training route.

I have seen many ladies running alone and I always ask them please join our group .

Very sad.

What does one do? pepper spray? groups are ideal but not always a viable option depending on the time of day and location. surely a treadmill is not the only answer

Edit: I hate the feeling that every time I get on my bike or go for a run I'm waiting to be a statistic, because sadly, it really is just a matter of time.

Edited by CBlake

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... Every day. A chap in my estate just qualified yesterday at the Tralee marathon.. Major fomo

Its not to late, Substitutions open soon  :whistling:

OMG. That is literally a few blocks from me... Soon all my training will have to be indoors...

Be Care out there please! As horrific as this event is, the last thing we need is for one of you ladies here to experience such a heinous crime. 

Very sad indeed to hear!!  Hoping there is justice and they are found and arrested   Multilated!!

FIXED

OMG. That is literally a few blocks from me... Soon all my training will have to be indoors...

You are welcome to join our group

Runs everyday at 4:25 , 4:45 and 5:00

Distances from 5,10 and 15km

Starts at the Total that is being revamped in Jukskei Park

Pm me your number an I’ll add you the WhatsApp group

Great group of runners (aren’t we all :-) )

https://fourwaysreview.co.za/278806/graphic-content-42-year-old-female-jogger-and-fourways-resident-raped-in-a-ditch-on-kingfisher-drive-and-witkoppen-road/

Right on my training route.

I have seen many ladies running alone and I always ask them please join our group .

Very sad.

Sad state of affairs. Hope the victim can get sufficient closure to continue leading a life where running is a way to get away from other stress.

Sadly, this doesn't just happen to individuals, but a group of males too. 4 guys were robbed of their shoes and phones about 6-8 weeks back (in Alberton). 4:45 in the morning, albeit in a road where the street lights are often off.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I’m looking for a good set of bluetooth earphones for running. Any recommendations?

Edited by Pieter1

Had a good run for the first section of the lady grey parkrun on sat, cool windy conditions, very very wet up on the mountain lots of long grass and swampy mud, managed to get down into balloch in just on 9 hours so pretty happy with how the running is going at this stage in the year.

Huge respect to Hilton for running the full 100km Lady Gray park run for fun as a training run and absolutely smoking the rest of us to Balloch cave, seriously impressive stuff.

Hey guys. I’m looking for a good set of bluetooth earphones for running. Any recommendations?

Unless you are running treadmill don't bother, rather be aware of your surroundings so you can hear cars/traffic or other runners and cyclists on the trail. 

Had a good run for the first section of the lady grey parkrun on sat, cool windy conditions, very very wet up on the mountain lots of long grass and swampy mud, managed to get down into balloch in just on 9 hours so pretty happy with how the running is going at this stage in the year.

Huge respect to Hilton for running the full 100km Lady Gray park run for fun as a training run and absolutely smoking the rest of us to Balloch cave, seriously impressive stuff.

Unless you are running treadmill don't bother, rather be aware of your surroundings so you can hear cars/traffic or other runners and cyclists on the trail.

that ain't no parkrun. Well done on getting back on your feet so well

I think I saw her running Deloittes... With a normal race number and not with one showing her name. I really hope she has recovered from her injury, I am a huge fan.

Indeed.   I can't find her results though, DNF perhaps? :(

post-2734-0-84661900-1521525900_thumb.jpg

How many km and meters climbing was this grey park run... maybe a black park run?

Have to agree, fellow runners and cyclists immersed in their own world of happy tunes while out in public irritates me

maybe I should be called grumpy old guy2

How many km and meters climbing was this grey park run... maybe a black park run?

Have to agree, fellow runners and cyclists immersed in their own world of happy tunes while out in public irritates me

maybe I should be called grumpy old guy2

it is the first 58km of the skyrun route, so 58km +-2200m elevation gain...

Ja, I am verry anti music on runs. I enjoy hearing my feet hit the ground the birds etc. However I am stuck in a gym on a treadmill for the vast majority of my runs. Music helps ease the boredom.

You are welcome to join our group

Runs everyday at 4:25 , 4:45 and 5:00

Distances from 5,10 and 15km

Starts at the Total that is being revamped in Jukskei Park

Pm me your number an I’ll add you the WhatsApp group

Great group of runners (aren’t we all :-) )

Thank you! Looking for a Sunday long run group. During the week I run with my tri-group. I saw a group this morning running up Douglas towards Grosvenor. Was that you guys? 

Yes that was definitely us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaws677

I bought Jaybirds but they died after 4 weeks

3ca9295d9ec07fc37617702468676330.jpg

Replaced them with this d27908fe6ec12a8be0a77a2f48626ad3.jpg

Although they don’t come close to the sound quality of the Jaybirds these headphones are built to last.