Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

Hi guys - I was told from will and keanan to sell the bike on behalf of them. Will asked me to move the bike as I have done lots for him previously. I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced any of you but was just helping will and down the road helping you out Andrew. Sorry for inconvenience

So what actually happened, why were you advertising another guys bike?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what actually happened, why were you advertising another guys bike?

And claiming it as your own?

Edit: And advertising it as 2017 when the bike is a 2015?

Edited by Roul

Hi Guys,

Re Mitch and Keanan

see:-

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/180607-classified-ethics-mitchell-eliot-and-keanan-roodt-are-they-trustworthy/

I can't comment on the lawfulness, ethics, or legitimacy of their comments on the above situation - BUT would like to let you know that the Ultegra crank I bought from Mitch (via Keanan) did finally arrive - as advertised condition etc.

It took about two weeks after I had made payment :thumbdown:

From what I could make out - these guys are just plain bad administrators and communicators - and 'fraudulently' ? claim to own items, which then appears they are selling for others. (Probably parts etc from customer bike upgrades at the shop.) In my case the excuse for the delay was the same - They claimed to own the item, then later said they were waiting for the customer to bring the item back to the shop after they sold it 'on customers' behalf.

In short - I received my purchase in the condition they described, two weeks after payment - but I gave them the benefit of doubt - i.e. just immature, not professional admin or communication. Perhaps if they were just honest upfront and advised that they will collect from the customer before deal is made, it would be more acceptable.

Hi Guys,

Re Mitch and Keanan

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/180607-classified-ethics-mitchell-eliot-and-keanan-roodt-are-they-trustworthy/

I can't comment on the lawfulness, ethics, or legitimacy of their comments on the above situation - BUT would like to let you know that the Ultegra crank I bought from Mitch (via Keanan) did finally arrive - as advertised condition etc.

From what I could make out - these guys are just plain bad administrators and communicators - and 'fraudulently' ? claim to own items, which then appears they are selling for others. (Probably parts etc from customer bike upgrades at the shop.) In my case the excuse for the delay was the same - They claimed to own the item, then later said they were waiting for the customer to bring the item back to the shop after they sold it 'on customers' behalf.

In short - I received my purchase in the condition they described, two weeks after payment - but I gave them the benefit of doubt - i.e. just immature, not professional admin or communication. Perhaps if they were just honest upfront and advised that they will collect from the customer before deal is made, it would be more acceptable.

Rate them...

Anyone have any info on a "lady" Named Onika from PE, want to buy a watch but something feels amiss , pic of watch shows overseas plug in charger  cell nr 083 373 7668.. 

Prob wont buy the thing jusy a heads up

Edited by Carmichael

Hi Guys,

Re Mitch and Keanan

Probably all fine if they were just transparent about the customer's part arrangement upfront and then communicated clearly.

Some sellers leave these details out as it might deter some buyers.  I feel you have a right to know if someone is selling on another's behalf.  More than once we've had a seller refuse to stand good on faulty equipment they sold for someone else, so it does seem to add to the risk.

Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

Probably all fine if they were just transparent about the customer's part arrangement upfront and then communicated clearly.

Some sellers leave these details out as it might deter some buyers.  I feel you have a right to know if someone is selling on another's behalf.  More than once we've had a seller refuse to stand good on faulty equipment they sold for someone else, so it does seem to add to the risk.

Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

For more Ref see :  http://teamprotouch.supportsatalent.co.za/

Just had the OFFSHORE RIG - PETROLEUM ENGINEER scam Bobby Johnson - FFS !!!

DAMN ! What a waste of time.

Back and forth !!!

anyway I still have my bike for sale and a little bit of sanity left

JUST A HEADS UP

And claiming it as your own?

Edit: And advertising it as 2017 when the bike is a 2015?

Correct!!! Thats when things doesn’t sounded right to me, exact same bike in 2 ads.

Had a chat with the original owner, and forward all the messages from Mr Mitch and the original owner noticed the that its his bike he is trying to sell me.....long story short Mr Pro just needed to honest from the start, I dont even want to imagine what would have happend if I paid him the money?

Sorry but people like him doesnt deserve to be a “Pro”

Just had the OFFSHORE RIG - PETROLEUM ENGINEER scam Bobby Johnson - FFS !!!

DAMN ! What a waste of time.

Back and forth !!!

anyway I still have my bike for sale and a little bit of sanity left

JUST A HEADS UP

Again, this just piss me off cause as I am sitting typing here, I am working on a offshore installation in Brazil. Been doing this for over 17years.

I have sold a few items when I am not at home, but Luckily I have a Hubber friend with very good rating to assist with shipping etc.

As said in the other treads, rate the idiots.

Received this sms yesterday:

Hello,

Im interested in your Bicycle do you still have this for sale, if so kindly write me back on ( wynnelorenanne101@gmail.com ) for further conversation.........Wynne

Thanks

The number looked fishy, so I googled the email address. Popped up as a PayPal scam.

Received this sms yesterday:

Hello,

Im interested in your Bicycle do you still have this for sale, if so kindly write me back on ( wynnelorenanne101@gmail.com ) for further conversation.........Wynne

Thanks

The number looked fishy, so I googled the email address. Popped up as a PayPal scam.

I got the same one last night.

Edited by Fires987

• 4 weeks later...

"I am interested in buying this for my cousin as a surprise for him, if only you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment."

I'm posting a bike on my friend behalf and got a email from Bobby Jackson a few days ago. I'm so glad I'm going through this thread " Scammers List"