Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

I've sold many bicycles and frames over last 15 years and if anything more than R5000, I make sure to get full ID, company, address that actually shows he works there.  And i get them to take bike or frame to legit Cycling shop and then courier will collect it there. Friend off mine lost his snazzy Scott road bike that ways R35000 gone, money was in his bank and next day payment was reversed.

Bank  was not very helpful in getting his money back.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean CRC?

No... CWC,, Chris Willemse Cycles.

They are selling things which they don't have in stock, not communicating this, then making you wait for weeks and weeks with no communication while your money sits in their account.

Pretty questionable business practice

They are selling things which they don't have in stock, not communicating this, then making you wait for weeks and weeks with no communication while your money sits in their account.

Okay cool, I understand now. The customs thing threw me off as they are local.

I do agree, many sites sell things they do not have but they disclose it. Loot.co.za comes to mind, many books are ordered in as ordered, but you know that from the off.

a few weeks back when I alluded to the possibility of them doing this on purpose....people gave me grief for being a conspiracy theorist and silly. I said they were selling things they don't have in an attempt to pull some money in to pay the bills/pull some interest over lockdown....basically what other small businesses have been doing with the whole "buy a voucher - get your crap later when we open again" thing. After reading your post......I stand by my point more than ever. Not to mention it really must be a **** show there if it got YOU to complain. 

hope you get it sorted. 

snip

I dont get it though...they are still listing ZEE's for sale on their site...but obviously at 4,5k ish. I recall that price you got them at being a wee bit lower?. Maybe they have......but retail sets, and the set that was on special was OEM. now they dont have OEM anymore and dont want to give you a retail set? either way....not cool. get them to swop them for formula curas or something haha

Okay cool, I understand now. The customs thing threw me off as they are local.

I do agree, many sites sell things they do not have but they disclose it. Loot.co.za comes to mind, many books are ordered in as ordered, but you know that from the off.

Yeah, that is pretty much my gripe.

The fact that they don't communicate this, don't tell you this when you ask where your order is and it takes some toys leaving the cot to get a straight answer... 

I feel sorry for the poor chap I eventually spoke to. I apologized to him and told him I hope his employers apologize to him as well.

But ja, if 200 people have R5000 orders outstanding they have a bar sitting in their account and nothing delivered.

If I had known I would be without my brakes for so long I would have probably fished out some extra tom for some Cura's which I would have fitted ages ago.

The thing that grates me is they are still selling the same brakes I ordered, for non lockdown sale prices, with NO caveat that they aren't in stock...

I shall not be going back to them again unfortunately...

I dont get it though...they are still listing ZEE's for sale on their site...but obviously at 4,5k ish. I recall that price you got them at being a wee bit lower?. Maybe they have......but retail sets, and the set that was on special was OEM. now they dont have OEM anymore and dont want to give you a retail set? either way....not cool. get them to swop them for formula curas or something haha

HAHAHAHA see my post I wrote as you wrote yours!

Just got the exact same message. And another yesterday from a guy claiming to be from the usa and wanted my address for collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Possible scammer

Goes by the Name Mwesigye Victor, claims to be based in Uganda and wants to move the bike there and says he has a contact in Johannesburg that will collect the bike.

Possible scammer

Goes by the Name Mwesigye Victor, claims to be based in Uganda and wants to move the bike there and says he has a contact in Johannesburg that will collect the bike.

Without a doubt a scammer. 

Insist on cash and watch him disappear. 

You can add Aramex to this list....if you are buying online currently please ensure the shipping is NOT with Aramex....waiting almost 2 weeks and there is zero comms other than the usual cut and paste crap...

Their FB page is just over flowing with complaints.....I had the exact same problems with them last year so we can rule out the 'Oh we all have the virus' argument now...

Guys, there's a chap on Facebook selling components at crazy prices. Goes by Alex Petersin. He is well researched, and has loads of pics of the components he's selling. He is insisting on a direct Ewalet or PEP payment. Loads on inconsistency in his profile, claims to have grown up in Hermanus, has pictures of American mountain bikers and trails on his profile, His profile says he he lives in Cape Town, but claims he claims he is in East London.. I called him and he's definitely from Francophone Africa. Doesn't understand a word of Afrikaans. When i insisted on Escrow payment, he started name calling and the usual crap. 

Guys, there's a chap on Facebook selling components at crazy prices. Goes by Alex Petersin. He is well researched, and has loads of pics of the components he's selling. He is insisting on a direct Ewalet or PEP payment. Loads on inconsistency in his profile, claims to have grown up in Hermanus, has pictures of American mountain bikers and trails on his profile, His profile says he he lives in Cape Town, but claims he claims he is in East London.. I called him and he's definitely from Francophone Africa. Doesn't understand a word of Afrikaans. When i insisted on Escrow payment, he started name calling and the usual crap. 

He is active on facebook marketplace as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4072849289423370/

Edited by CharldT