Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine too, although it took a while to workout how it should work to maximise the points.

And does it work well with HR? Does she need to use it with phone to get points?

And does it work well with HR? Does she need to use it with phone to get points?

Without the phone, it just tracks HR, not distance. So strava won't work, but the Workout app will. It needs to piggy-back off the phone to get GPS data. 

So no you won't need the phone if using the workout app or ihealth or whatever it's called. 

I don't know, but I will try monitor it over the next few workouts.

What I did tell her to do is only stop the workout (gym or bike) once she has an Internet connection. So if the phone is not present then wait until she gets home or to a wi-do hotspot. The reason was that without an Internet connection she would lose the actual workout.

Edited by geraldm24

So the Wife uses a FitBit Charge HR, you can start a "workout"and it'll measure Heart Rate but does the Vitality app recognise that if it's linked?

I'm ok with needing HR data to hit the big points. Does make sense. But the 20km/h cycle speed is road cycling bias in my opinion. I only MTB and averaging above 20 km/h can be challenging.

I would have thought with all the sample data they had from the end of last year they could have come up with a matrix easily. Clearly got it a bit wrong for Jan.

I frankly am not impressed with Vitality. I was getting 3000 points per ride which was great. No problems getting points etc. Then came the weekend and nothing was allocated. After contacting them via Twitter I was told that it would be resolved, which it subsequently hasn't. Went for a 2.20hr ride this morning and only got 600 points. I've been told that unless you use heart rate monitor ( I don't) you will only get 600 points. I have Strava and Garmin Connect as a feed but it seems unless I have a chest strap the goal post's have been moved from last week.

As for Myles, this man deserves a medal for all the constant, useful advice he's given.

That's BS. Someone wasn't listening at the call centre. Nothing has changed ito allocations, as it's distance, speed, kCal per hour OR HR dependent. 

If it had been changed, there'd have been an announcement in the eDiscoverer. 

EDIT: I see you're right. Motherfuckers. 

I maxed my fitness points by the 18th so not to fussed if I still receive 3000 or 1500 or whatever... 

I do always track my HR so for vitality rewards it is still 1 ride per week to reach my goal...

IMO they stuffed up with offering 3,000 points per ride. Pulling it back makes sense and it's easy to force HR data as realistically partners join to sell kit.

No point moaning about it as the targets of 30,000 per year and 1,200 per week are still very easy based on the minimum effort ride of 600 points for an hour on the bike.

Are you riding to get a free coffee or are you riding because there is no better way to spend a few hours?

I did an 80 km (220 min) ride on sat and got no points...the points for sunday ride reflected and i reached my goal...so i get my coffee...the problem is i am pushing for points to move to the next level...if they rip us off then i am gona get a 9hp scooter and ride a route twice everyday...to make up the balance...it will cheaper for me to get a 9 hp scooter than buying a 520 with a hrm [emoji35]

Lets see how many koms i can beat with a 9 hp [emoji12]

Edited by isetech

IMO they stuffed up with offering 3,000 points per ride. Pulling it back makes sense and it's easy to force HR data as realistically partners join to sell kit.

No point moaning about it as the targets of 30,000 per year and 1,200 per week are still very easy based on the minimum effort ride of 600 points for an hour on the bike.

Are you riding to get a free coffee or are you riding because there is no better way to spend a few hours?

No, I'm not riding for free coffee's. I'm not going to ride every morning at 4 am for a free beverage. However if you allocate a certain amount and then backtrack I think one is more than entitled to question why.

Apologies if this is another moan.

No, I'm not riding for free coffee's. I'm not going to ride every morning at 4 am for a free beverage. However if you allocate a certain amount and then backtrack I think one is more than entitled to question why.

Apologies if this is another moan.

I agree that they must deliver what they said they would. The crediting of points for some activities has been a 'mare.

As mentioned already by a few, it's still soo easy to achieve the targets and get to gold so why bother stressing about it.

I got to Gold on the 21st and have met every goal since Mid Dec.

Pointless for us cyclists to add more drama to Disco for now. Let the people who are struggling to meet their goals take up the battle with Disco.

So my coffee vouchers dont want to scan any more, still worked last week off my phone but now it doesn't. Even when the guy enters the wicode it does not work. Dont know if its phone related (samsung s5, the wicode didn't even work) because my buddy scanned his iphone and it worked.

So my coffee vouchers dont want to scan any more, still worked last week off my phone but now it doesn't. Even when the guy enters the wicode it does not work. Dont know if its phone related (samsung s5, the wicode didn't even work) because my buddy scanned his iphone and it worked.

OH also having issues with Samsung, however my iPhone is a smoothie fountain

edit Smoothie fountain just dried up "error occurred" try later and reward dissappeared :mellow:

Edited by darelinp

OH also having issues with Samsung, however my iPhone is a smoothie fountain

I'm getting "An error ocurred. Please try again at a later time"

Your average person won't be able to swim that pace.  You'd have to average 1:45 per 100m without resting.

The swimming isn't picking up anyway have queries with Discovery and they still haven't got back to me