Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point though. The 45 min afkak will get him more points than the 180 min moderate session.

That is what I have a problem with, myself.

hahaha i wonder if disco sees these comments and then sit around a table and laugh at us?

hahaha i wonder if disco sees these comments and then sit around a table and laugh at us?

I can almost guarantee that they are

And then they will ask themselves why. And then hopefully recognise that it needs more work

Edited by Myles Mayhew

That's the point though. The 45 min afkak will get him more points than the 180 min moderate session.

What's that points breakdown....45 minutes versus 2 hours ?

What's that points breakdown....45 minutes versus 2 hours ?

300 vs 1200. BUT! If you only give it horns for 45 mins in that 120, and don't average 80% plus hr, or at least 70% to hit moderate, you will only get 100 as it won't have been "hard enough"

That's why I'm still advocating for the stepped system. As you go longer, required avg HR should drop.

300 vs 1200. BUT! If you only give it horns for 45 mins in that 120, and don't average 80% plus hr, or at least 70% to hit moderate, you will only get 100 as it won't have been "hard enough"

That's why I'm still advocating for the stepped system. As you go longer, required avg HR should drop.

Just put your files through digital EPO. But in reverse, turn a hard 20 min effort into slow one hour work out but still high hr

It's all so complicated! Does it really need to be so complicated!!!???

It's not that complicated.

Dicsovery wants you to workout at least 4 times a week at a certain instensity. The only way they can check this is with HR data. They have structured the points allocation to fit in with this.

Yes there is a few things that they need to sort out but I agree with their approach. From 1 Jan I have basically been hitting my goal by doing 1 workout. With their current system I racked up between 15000-18000 points a week. My fitness points was maxed by 17 Jan. This does not make sense.

It's not that complicated.

Dicsovery wants you to workout at least 4 times a week at a certain instensity. The only way they can check this is with HR data. They have structured the points allocation to fit in with this.

Yes there is a few things that they need to sort out but I agree with their approach. From 1 Jan I have basically been hitting my goal by doing 1 workout. With their current system I racked up between 15000-18000 points a week. My fitness points was maxed by 17 Jan. This does not make sense.

Totally agree with this, it should not be possible for even a person that trains regularly to be able the hit those targets with absolute ease and as you say max before the end of January.

It should be a TARGET so you should have to stretch a bit to hit it at least no?

I'd like to see how points are awarded for a 90 min workout with average HR below the moderate threshold BUT with at least 31 mins >80%.

30 mins - warm up (keeping HR below 60% to allow for the next 30 mins at >80%)

30-31 mins - 20Km TT >80% (should be fairly easy to maintain for me).

30 mins - cool down (keeping HR below 70% average until complete)

I'd effectively be riding just above 142 bpm for 30 mins (that's in Z2 of my LTHR) and no more than 124 for the rest of the ride. It's actually a joke, but I'm one of the lucky ones that can easily achieve their thresholds.

because f*** triathletes that why! How can you get healthy by doing more than one workout in tandem... absurd!!!

(Why the hell can't they say that the workouts will count as one if the next one is started like lets say 10min after the previous ended???)

Has anyone actually received any cash back ever on race entries, yet?

Mine goes to my Discovery credit card, just have a look I also thought i wasn't getting any until i checked my statement properly.

Mine goes to my Discovery credit card, just have a look I also thought i wasn't getting any until i checked my statement properly.

For which races have you been refunded?