Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My shoe booster display is also gone.. But no option to renew on the app

Edited by Carpet

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

07-03-2018 : Shoe Booster activations
We will be performing a systems upgrade from the 16th to the 18th March 2018, during this period members will not be able to activate the Shoe Booster benefit. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

This is on the Discovery site.

07-03-2018 : Shoe Booster activations

We will be performing a systems upgrade from the 16th to the 18th March 2018, during this period members will not be able to activate the Shoe Booster benefit. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

This is on the Discovery site.

Aware that it's down for an upgrade, but I know my Booster ended in February (last payment cycle), so nothing is outstanding from them to me. 

Hi, is anyone else also experiencing similar problems with vitality rewards?

My 2 biggest problems that they cannot resolve for the past 6 weeks are:

- I have the points on vitality points monitor, but they do not pull through to VAR which means that I do not achieve my goals, or

- if they are on VAR and I achieve my goal, no reward is received?

I am going through the channels to have it resolved, but no progress made so far. They are so useless.....

Just want to find out if anyone else has similar issues, because none of my co-workers have.

Cheers

Just a heads-up:

My brother-in-law works for a company that does a major part of the coding work for Disco.

Well, he has been part of a big team working on a major overhaul of the whole claims system, not sure what it entails but it is Major!

They are going live with the new system tomorrow(Sunday) morning. He is expected to be at the office at 4AM when they will do the switch. (probably looked at the most sedate time in the week to do the switch)

No major system architecture redevelopment goes without a hitch. So be prepared for some minor chaos on Disco systems from tomorrow onwards until the bugs are resolved.

Just a heads-up:

My brother-in-law works for a company that does a major part of the coding work for Disco.

Well, he has been part of a big team working on a major overhaul of the whole claims system, not sure what it entails but it is Major!

They are going live with the new system tomorrow(Sunday) morning. He is expected to be at the office at 4AM when they will do the switch. (probably looked at the most sedate time in the week to do the switch)

No major system architecture redevelopment goes without a hitch. So be prepared for some minor chaos on Disco systems from tomorrow onwards until the bugs are resolved.

At least he is not part of the web team, they are a joke. Interviewed with them and they quite happily told me in the interview they work for discovery, do the website and have unstable Internet, so in the event of a deploy coinciding with Internet issues, they put the code on a flash drive and deploy from the Internet cafe across the road. Lolz

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

Claims, as in the Health side, or also for other divisions, i.e. Insure, Vitality (events), etc.?

Claims, as in the Health side, or also for other divisions, i.e. Insure, Vitality (events), etc.?

They would be using 1 system to handle all claims, different devisions are simply different types with different business rules, but one system will handle all of that.

At least he is not part of the web team, they are a joke. Interviewed with them and they quite happily told me in the interview they work for discovery, do the website and have unstable Internet, so in the event of a deploy coinciding with Internet issues, they put the code on a flash drive and deploy from the Internet cafe across the road. Lolz

Scott Scale 960 (2017)

I can well believe that, there are many times I think disco hosts off dialup too.

I just got the following email from Discovery:

"The Vitality programme is designed to encourage and reward our members for living well and taking care of their health.

In order to protect the integrity of this health programme, we do periodic reviews of our members’ points-earning activities. During a recent review of fitness points allocated to Vitality members during 2017, a number of fitness points linked to a fitness device workout were flagged as irregular on your policy.

If you would like to dispute this finding or have any queries about this, please contact vitalityreview_dispute@discovery.co.za. If we do not hear from you before Friday, 16 February 2018, these points will be automatically deducted from your 2017 Vitality points monitor, and your Vitality status will be recalculated.

We encourage you to keep getting healthy to get rewarded.

Discovery Forensics"

WTF! If I dont respond in 2 days they are just going to take my points! They could have at least provided a list of workouts they find "irregular" and the reasoning behind it. Nice and transparent!

Anyone else got this?

My father just received the same notice. He just runs with his Fenix and as he does upwards of 2000km per year he has zero need to cheat for points.

I'm livid! There's an implicit presumption of guilt here, if you don't reply within two days they just revoke the points. They provide no information on the flagged activities themselves.

I got the same mail. Would have been nice of them elaborate.

I got the same mail.

It is total BS for them to send out something like this without the detail behind it. They probably have to many people on diamond this year and now they are trying to pull a fast one.

So did you guys/gals ever get to the bottom of this? Unless I missed some feedback somewhere, the subsequent complaints have been few and far between.

New shoes day tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to get them this month, but with like 10 days left in the competition to win the shoes I am planning on buying, may as well wait it out,

Whatever Discovery did with their updated app, the new shoe booster benefit works like a charm.

As a Team Vitality member for 2018, it seems the R350 charge doesn’t apply activation. Completed step 1 & 2, purchased my (trail running) shoes 20 minutes ago and the benefit already shows active, from 21/03/2018 - 20/03/2019.

Whatever Discovery did with their updated app, the new shoe booster benefit works like a charm.

As a Team Vitality member for 2018, it seems the R350 charge doesn’t apply activation. Completed step 1 & 2, purchased my (trail running) shoes 20 minutes ago and the benefit already shows active, from 21/03/2018 - 20/03/2019.

It's meant to show active before buying... And that just means the benefit is active, has nothing to do with the actual purchasing of the shoes.

Scott Scale 960 (2017)