Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

One thing they managed to implement that I am happy about, is the fact that you can now use your miles to shop Pick n pay and Dischem, now just for the free flights

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think people are with Discovery for the smoothies, which is only free if I achieve the points goal btw...jy sit die pot heeltemal mis ou swaer...

Yes he does.......en daai pot is naby aan die vloer......

Vivek.....it might be news to you....but people may or may not have been with Discovery medical aid long before the free watches and smoothies.......does it now suddenly seem ok that Disco naai their clients around and as a result of that they must maar sommer change ?

How difficult can it be for a mega money spinner like Discovery to just listen to their clients and build further on the foundations of their success.....

Edited by BarHugger

I did 6 rides last week all gravel:

Time: 11h04min

Distance: 231,3 km

Elevation: 3319 m

2200 points

Going forward I will be de-linking my device as soon as I reach my points goal and re-link it again when a new week starts.

natrix, I don't think this will work. When you re-link, won't all the missing workouts automatically upload to Discovery?

Another point : I don't necessarily think that you only get escalated when you meet your goals. Last week I did absolutely zero exercise due to bronchitis- and they still bumped me up to 700. Like it or not, I reckon everyone is going up to 1200.

natrix, I don't think this will work. When you re-link, won't all the missing workouts automatically upload to Discovery?

Another point : I don't necessarily think that you only get escalated when you meet your goals. Last week I did absolutely zero exercise due to bronchitis- and they still bumped me up to 700. Like it or not, I reckon everyone is going up to 1200.

Changed of plans Harryn. I have a Garmin and a Polar device. I'll only allow the one to sync to Discovery from now on, but both will sync to my Strava.

The friendly lady from Discovery phoned me and explained to me that the "system" looks at the points you have accumulated over a 12 week period and then the "system" decides if it will increase/penalize the individual and by how much points.

Personally I think if you regularly achieve your weekly goals over a 12 week period, even missing perhaps a couple of weeks, the "system" will still increase/penalize and adjust the points upwards in increments of 100 points and it will stop doing so at 1200 points.

Changed of plans Harryn. I have a Garmin and a Polar device. I'll only allow the one to sync to Discovery from now on, but both will sync to my Strava.

The friendly lady from Discovery phoned me and explained to me that the "system" looks at the points you have accumulated over a 12 week period and then the "system" decides if it will increase/penalize the individual and by how much points.

Personally I think if you regularly achieve your weekly goals over a 12 week period, even missing perhaps a couple of weeks, the "system" will still increase/penalize and adjust the points upwards in increments of 100 points and it will stop doing so at 1200 points.

Great to know that it's a 12 rolling week system.

And re the rest of the post - yes. Exactly right. And that's the point - to ensure that everyone is on a n equal footing. Not everyone will be able to meet 1,200 points from the get-go, but if you're doing it now then it stands to reason that your limit should be slightly above that. 

See another Cafe Vida has bit the dust in Durban

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

It has moved to the top of florida rd...if we taking about the same one.

Coffee guys in the parking lot just before ushaka in the morning...or the green bean in berea...or columbia coffee.

That would be a useful thread..."good coffee spots"

No device of any kind ever has made anyone more motivated to exercise, besides for the few days after purchase to 'justify' the price of these things .... surely the motivation is rather the reward than the device?

It has moved to the top of florida rd...if we taking about the same one.

Coffee guys in the parking lot just before ushaka in the morning...or the green bean in berea...or columbia coffee.

That would be a useful thread..."good coffee spots"

Cant recall the name of the place, was a good 10 years ago but there was a nice cafe just below overport city in the street above Musgrave centre that used to do good coffee. I lived on the corner of the street above curry road and it was across the way.

As Im sure you can tell I cant really recall the street names!

See another Cafe Vida has bit the dust in Durban

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

Melrose Arch, Jhb Vida also went POOF recently!