Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I genuinely do not get all the issues people have with uploading / syncing...

I have a Garmin Forerunner 410 and a Garmin Edge 800, both of which sync without hassles. Sometimes it takes a bit of time (read patience) but they always sync without having to resort to IT gymnastics on my side.

My Apple Watch activities / steps sync daily like a dream. Gym swipes reflect within 2 or 3 days. Smoothies are always available for purchasing, and do not disappear on the app, or between the app and the Apple Wallet. The medical aid I'm on, administered by Discovery, pays claims according to the rules of the scheme & plan I'm on...

As I said: No issues whatsoever. I'm a very happy customer. Which makes me wonder what you guys are doing differently to inflict all this pain on yourselves?

I felt the same way until one day, without changing or touching a thing mine stopped syncing. Believe me, it happens and when it does you will understand. Something that works so perfectly becomes utterly useless and frustrating.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely do not get all the issues people have with uploading / syncing...

I have a Garmin Forerunner 410 and a Garmin Edge 800, both of which sync without hassles. Sometimes it takes a bit of time (read patience) but they always sync without having to resort to IT gymnastics on my side.

My Apple Watch activities / steps sync daily like a dream. Gym swipes reflect within 2 or 3 days. Smoothies are always available for purchasing, and do not disappear on the app, or between the app and the Apple Wallet. The medical aid I'm on, administered by Discovery, pays claims according to the rules of the scheme & plan I'm on...

As I said: No issues whatsoever. I'm a very happy customer. Which makes me wonder what you guys are doing differently to inflict all this pain on yourselves?

I felt the same way until one day, without changing or touching a thing mine stopped syncing. Believe me, it happens and when it does you will understand. Something that works so perfectly becomes utterly useless and frustrating.

Whatever happens (if and when it happens) don't delink - unless they tell you to.

I wish they included garmins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, why stop at 'smart watches'.

My expectations are set a bit low.

On the other hand, I already have a Garmin but would love that Gear S3.

Having said that, the new garmin 820 would be pretty awesome.

Why is it that my runs of less than 1 hour are registered and I accumulate points for them but runs longer than an hour seem to disappear without trace?

confusing me and vitality take forever to respond.

I stopped following this thread a few hundred pages ago because of the repetitive posts about everyone being unhappy at the points system. While i agreed with every post i just couldn't bare to read another one about the same issue in different wording. 

This has brought me to miss a few of the new updates, such as the flight thing, shoe boaster for next year and the endurance league. 

I'm currently on the mend and was quite surprised to see that after a few weeks of no activity except my 5000 steps my weekly goal is 900 points. I must admit though that since Gold was reached in April i haven't monitored my uploads or anything like that as i don't belong to a gym and have only twice used the smoothie thing and didn't take the the watch "Bargain", so not sure if this has come down from a higher value before i got injured or not.

So much question for those who wouldn't mind educating me here, how are you finding the endurance league and has anyone used the flights discount yet, if so how was your experience?

Edit: I See the shoe boaster for the first three months is on any brand of shoe and after that it will be limited to a few selected brands only, any idea which brands as it would be a waste to pay for it if you don't run in those "Selected" brands?

Edited by ScottC-M

I stopped following this thread a few hundred pages ago because of the repetitive posts about everyone being unhappy at the points system. While i agreed with every post i just couldn't bare to read another one about the same issue in different wording. 

This has brought me to miss a few of the new updates, such as the flight thing, shoe boaster for next year and the endurance league. 

I'm currently on the mend and was quite surprised to see that after a few weeks of no activity except my 5000 steps my weekly goal is 900 points. I must admit though that since Gold was reached in April i haven't monitored my uploads or anything like that as i don't belong to a gym and have only twice used the smoothie thing and didn't take the the watch "Bargain", so not sure if this has come down from a higher value before i got injured or not.

So much question for those who wouldn't mind educating me here, how are you finding the endurance league and has anyone used the flights discount yet, if so how was your experience?

Edit: I See the shoe boaster for the first three months is on any brand of shoe and after that it will be limited to a few selected brands only, any idea which brands as it would be a waste to pay for it if you don't run in those "Selected" brands?

My plan is to wait for the 3 months to be up, see what brands they continue to offer and then decide.  I am very particular about which brand I wear (only because certain ones just work for me).

I took up the Flight Booster option as soon as it was launched for our flights down to the Cape Town Cycle Tour in March next year. I will only reach the first 6-week milestone at the end of next week, then I need to complete 7 more weeks of reaching my target, and the payout is only due one month after the return flight. So I will only be able to give you complete feedback in April 2017  :clap:

I'll share any developments on the flight Booster as they happen.

I took up the Flight Booster option as soon as it was launched for our flights down to the Cape Town Cycle Tour in March next year. I will only reach the first 6-week milestone at the end of next week, then I need to complete 7 more weeks of reaching my target, and the payout is only due one month after the return flight. So I will only be able to give you complete feedback in April 2017 :clap:

Did the same, except I booked it for 70.3 in EL in Jan. Will give feedback when ot happens

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I took up the Flight Booster option as soon as it was launched for our flights down to the Cape Town Cycle Tour in March next year. I will only reach the first 6-week milestone at the end of next week, then I need to complete 7 more weeks of reaching my target, and the payout is only due one month after the return flight. So I will only be able to give you complete feedback in April 2017  :clap:

For those curious to see what the feedback looks like.

This is what the Flight Booster section looks like under Vitality Active rewards section if the Flight Booster is active, but no additional cash back earned yet. 

post-27827-0-59893800-1476184482_thumb.png

Updates to both Garmin Connect and Discovery Vitality apps (for Apple) within 24 hours of each other.  

For the first time ever, my Cadence exercise last night didn't sync within 15 minutes. Now 15 hours later - still hasn't synced.

Anybody else.....??

Updates to both Garmin Connect and Discovery Vitality apps (for Apple) within 24 hours of each other.

For the first time ever, my Cadence exercise last night didn't sync within 15 minutes. Now 15 hours later - still hasn't synced.

Anybody else.....??

Garmin connect not syncing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only updated the apps this morning, after I had uploaded all my rides from Thursday to Sunday. Everything synced except for Saturday, the average HR was 133bpm (75%) - nothing synced.

My 735XT's battery died at the 150Km mark of Saturday's ride from Ladysmith to PMB, in the searing heat (up to 39-degrees C). Luckily I still have my 310XT which I use as a display unit only and don't upload that data unless it's needed.

Not too concerned as the 1500 points for the event will survive, but will have to wait for tonight's recovery ride to see if there are any sync problems.

Can't seem to find the link on Disco to claim for points for an event. It was there a few weeks ago and working.

Anyone have the direct link to it ? Tks.