Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

random question: where do you log a query if points were not awarded for an activity?

Thanks in advance

On the website, should be in the Vitality section Just attach a screenshot of the workout when logging the query Edited by Twaatie

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another random question, has anybody ever managed to get the R 1000 Pick n Pay voucher?

I've never seen a basket icon on the board.

Just got a Vitality email/spam about beating the blues.... however almost hidden away towards the end of the email.  So Flight Booster coming to an end?

The Vitality Active Rewards Flight Booster benefit will soon come to an end. Boosts will apply as normal until 12 July 2019 for any flights booked. You can still save up to 35% on flights as a Vitality Health member.

Edited by shaper

Just got a Vitality email/spam about beating the blues.... however almost hidden away towards the end of the email.  So Flight Booster coming to an end?

The Vitality Active Rewards Flight Booster benefit will soon come to an end. Boosts will apply as normal until 12 July 2019 for any flights booked. You can still save up to 35% on flights as a Vitality Health member.

Wow that is a sneaky move.  I just ignored the email based on the heading.

Just got a Vitality email/spam about beating the blues.... however almost hidden away towards the end of the email. So Flight Booster coming to an end?

I’m sure (as in guessing) that they mentioned this when they launched the Bank division.

Stopped reading halfway through and didn't see this.

I’m sure (as in guessing) that they mentioned this when they launched the Bank division.

First I heard/read it......... and am lined and waiting for the bank (supposed to have been last month according to Disco to me) so get all the bank spam/emails as well

First I heard/read it......... and am lined and waiting for the bank (supposed to have been last month according to Disco to me) so get all the bank spam/emails as well

It was the Travel Booster (on the Card) that was discontinued last year, making way for a deal with Discovery Bank. Flight Booster is Vitality). I don't pay much attention to the flights as it gets expensive with a family of 4.

Bit of a rant, - been a Disco member for 15 years.

If Disco can't manage a simple process of Healthy Food/Gear allocations back to customers, how does one trust them with our actual money(Discovery Bank) and all promised associated benefits?

My limited engagements with them to fix existing issues has been nothing short of a fcukup of note.

Edited by air

So, for anyone else still using a perfectly functioning TomTom watch to earn their Vitality points, I just got a mail with the following:

From 10 July 2019, all TomTom fitness devices will no longer be compatible with Vitality and therefore members who have their TomTom fitness device linked will no longer be able to earn Vitality fitness points.

Guess now is a good time to start investigating the Device booster... just annoying to have to spend money replacing the watch that still works perfectly.

So, for anyone else still using a perfectly functioning TomTom watch to earn their Vitality points, I just got a mail with the following:

Guess now is a good time to start investigating the Device booster... just annoying to have to spend money replacing the watch that still works perfectly.

and as usual, garmin SA doing sweet blue bugger all instead of jumping on this opportunity to boost marketing and trade-in promotions. Or perhaps Discovery placed some red tape preventing them from doing such things due to device booster arrangements?

Bit of a rant, - been a Disco member for 15 years.

If Disco can't manage a simple process of Healthy Food/Gear allocations back to customers, how does one trust them with our actual money(Discovery Bank) and all promised associated benefits?

My limited engagements with them to fix existing issues has been nothing short of a fcukup of note.

I'll jump in here with a bit of a different take on it... 

Disco, to date, for all their promotions, deals, wellness benefits etc have had to interact / collaborate with 3rd party suppliers / external companies to get their systems working, and that's been a bit of a problem with data. I'm hoping that, like their actual core businesses (health / life etc) they'll be able to run it without having to integrate with a different company's systems, thereby "cleaning" the whole thing up. 

At the core of it, they're an excellent provider of benefits, but people get frustrated with the extraneous stuff (boosters, smoothies, etc etc) whereas in my experience, the Life / Medical / etc stuff WORKS. Yeah, there are niggles in client interactions (as with every company) which is where my services come into their own, but if I had to weigh up Vitality "integration" issues (with the 3rd party benefits and paybacks etc) vs the "core business" issues, there's a heavy bias towards errors on the vitality benefit stuff (as we can see on this thread - it's all vitality)

and as usual, garmin SA doing sweet blue bugger all instead of jumping on this opportunity to boost marketing and trade-in promotions. Or perhaps Discovery placed some red tape preventing them from doing such things due to device booster arrangements?

Why would garmin, the world's leader in fitness werables, care about something that was decided on 2.5 years ago.

If you have a TomTom device you have a short list of viable options, like 5 at most if you care about quality anf garmin will take like those too 3 spots, they don't need to run promotions to gain sales, being the best is how they gain sales. Having the widest selection of options to suite all budgets and fitness persons is how they get sales.

They care more about the fly poop on their shoe then the fact that discovery has stopped being able to give points to a device from a manufacturer that left the market 2.5 years ago and was not even really considered competition to begin with.

As a former owner of 3 TomTom devices and the current owner of a garmin I can truly say your comparing a ferrari with an atos. Even the worst of the grains outshone the best of the TomTom.

Sure, it sucks for those who have devices, but this is not news, this should come as no surprise.

Maybe because Tom Tom fitness devices are discontinued.

Maybe because Tom Tom fitness devices are discontinued.

I knew they left the market, and I saw the communication from Discovery earlier this year that new connections to Tomtom devices would no longer be possible. I had also assumed there would come a time when they would stop supporting the devices entirely, though less than a month notice is not ideal but so be it.

Perhaps I just missed a previous communication about the discontinuation date, or something from Tomtom saying their MySports app and site would stop working on this date, prepare yourself.

As a former owner of 3 TomTom devices and the current owner of a garmin I can truly say your comparing a ferrari with an atos. Even the worst of the grains outshone the best of the TomTom.

I guess its a "YMMV" situation? I don't think I've had any problems with the watch itself in the more than two years I've had it. Issues with the app, issues with various phones' bluetooth, sure.

My watch is my second device, just for syncing activities to Vitality. In this case, even the "Atos" has more features than I need. My wife's garmin is only a few months older, is less easy to use, and doesn't even support different sports.

Edit: Garmin's Biggest Competitor Is Their Own Software Instability

Anyway, I've got a month to decide between the various Garmin, Suunto, Polar or Huawei watches. At least the number of good options have increased in the last few years.

Edited by HdB

Why would garmin, the world's leader in fitness werables, care about something that was decided on 2.5 years ago.

If you have a TomTom device you have a short list of viable options, like 5 at most if you care about quality anf garmin will take like those too 3 spots, they don't need to run promotions to gain sales, being the best is how they gain sales. Having the widest selection of options to suite all budgets and fitness persons is how they get sales.

They care more about the fly poop on their shoe then the fact that discovery has stopped being able to give points to a device from a manufacturer that left the market 2.5 years ago and was not even really considered competition to begin with.

Sure, it sucks for those who have devices, but this is not news, this should come as no surprise.

Please read my post again and pay attention that nowhere did I even mention TomTom devices nor compare them to garmin. All I'm getting is you, a seemingly zealous garmin fanboy, saw a chance to exaggerate what I said, jump to conclusions.

I'm well aware of the devices on the market and agree that easily 3 or 4 out of 5 replacement options are likely to be taken up by garmin, but if you're in the business of making money, that still isn't good enough.

As for the bolded part, far as I'm aware, Garmin, like all other product sales companies, are in the business of making money. So your question over why Garmin would care is a no brainer - you can never have enough marketing and sales promotions. SInce you love examples so much, look at what Coca Cola does. So what if you think garmin is better than tomtom, polar, fitbit, huawei, suunto, whatever, the fact that they simply exist and some even growing, is physical proof that the competition is strong. Complacency can easily damage or end a company.