The all new Santa Cruz Hightower 29 or 27.5+, 135mm VPP travel bike

News bot

Hightower has the versatility to deal with whatever appears on the horizon. Running either proven 29" wheels or the new monster truck 27.5+ standard, Hightower seamlessly adapts to the trails and style you ride, no matter where you are in the world.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new kits are also only making use of the new front 110mm hub width now.

Any ideas of the Price Tag ?

looks like its between 110 and 130k

phooooar 

starting at full bike price of $4,599 according to the article here: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/santa-cruz-hightower-first-ride-2016.html

Tell me again why SC aren't bringing in full bikes!? 

Oh yeah - Dragons Sports hold the agency. LOL. 

But still - at that price, it's cheaper than the respective Giant Trance at the same kit spec. Killer. Giant Trance Advanced 1 is $ 5,000. Full XT & Fox 34 vs GX & Pike, but the Giant has their composite wheelset. 

But - we'll likely get the frame only, for $ 2,899. Which still makes it a "boutique" item. 

Come on, Dragons. Bring the full bikes in. You'll se a LOT more sales!

Edited by Myles Mayhew

You think they will bring out another TB LT as well as this bike ?

I cant see it.

Between this and the 5010 they got 130-135mm trail bikes all wrapped up. I don't see a new Tallboy LT as well.

This one has the same shock layout as TBLT...but obviously revised with new geo and links.

Big plus = water bottle mount inside frame at last

Hightower is also 1x specific which I don't like but if the new 12 spd groups come in with 5x cassette range then current 2x and 3x have nothing to offer anymore so its OK.

Myles will like the new longer top tube 'cos the bike can take a short stem now [emoji12] . The TBLT was quite short and felt a bit crowded for me with a short stem so I went back to the standard 70mm.

Edited by JXV