Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

Hey listen seeing as we are on the subject. . At what age do teens have to apply for TUE's?

I have an asthmatic son..he is now in high school and he hasn't needed to take the chronic meds in a long time but when winter cones round and he gets chesty he sometimes has to use his pump?

depending on the medication he may not need a TUE. Seretide (corticosteriod based) is exempt as long as the doses are as prescribed.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the next press release from the epic...it starts like this..

Given the recent ban for Yolande de de Villiers and after studying the case .. we have decided that it was unintentionally and the reference Ms de Villiers will be allowed to participate I the Cape Epic..

When you say unintentional, you mean getting caught??

Edited by Pure Savage

If you are using an inhaler and taking part in a sanctioned event, need a TUE, GP should fill out the forms for you quick sticks.

Cool thanks.. I'll get hold of the GP and the forms and go see him. Thx

Why are these f**kers (sorry.... cheats) not getting a life ban? It's always 11 months, or 2 years  etc etc. What, so that they can come back and do it again?...... nooooooooooooooot bru......  

Why are these f**kers (sorry.... cheats) not getting a life ban? It's always 11 months, or 2 years  etc etc. What, so that they can come back and do it again?...... nooooooooooooooot bru......  

Coming back would mean they left, she never left, already served her ban as understood.

Coming back would mean they left, she never left, already served her ban as understood.

What ban??? Or am I missing something? Wonder how the ladies that finished 4th at the Epic are feeling about this....

Plenty of judges here. Tell me honestly how many of you check the medication that your using against the WADA banned list? You will be surprised how many of your medication actually contain banned substances. How many of you use high blood pressure medication and those that do have you applied for TUE? If not your a doper just like the rest of the people caught. You may not be competing for a podium but doper you are none the less.

Honestly, no. But then again it is not my job to race bicycles.

What I can say is that in MY professional life, I DO ensure that my actions meet all the legal requirements expected of me as a professional.

For a sportsman it should be no different.

What ban??? Or am I missing something? Wonder how the ladies that finished 4th at the Epic are feeling about this....

"11 months period of ineligibility" 

ban1

ban/
verb

1. 1.
    officially or legally prohibit (something).
    "parking is banned around the harbour in summer"
    synonyms: prohibitforbidvetoproscribedisallowoutlaw, make illegal,embargo, place an embargo on, bardebarblockstop, put a stop to,put an end to, suppressinterdict;  
noun

1. 1.
    an official or legal prohibition.
    "a proposed ban on cigarette advertising"
    synonyms: prohibitionvetoproscriptionembargobarsuppressionstoppage,interdict, interdiction, moratoriuminjunction
    "a total ban on smoking"

I just a think a life ban would be a much stronger deterrent for athletes not to dope/cheat (just talking in general, not specifically about this case).

Or the medication changed without the athlete knowing about it and did not check?

fair enough, but again, should the athlete operating on that level not confirm/double check?

I just a think a life ban would be a much stronger deterrent for athletes not to dope/cheat (just talking in general, not specifically about this case).

True, thats why the mechanical doping case is interesting as its the first time its happened, time to set a precedent. 

If a lifetime ban is handed out in that case I highly doubt people would consider mechanical doping.